Saturday, January 24, 2009

1980 called they want your jeans back.

It's catch up time. 2 days - no post. It's been a busy couple of days.
"1980 called they want your jeans back" is something that I often have to say to Chris when he puts on the tighties - and we joke that he can't move in them. Poor Chris - he is such a good sport, and thankfully does take the jeans off for the newbs.

Speaking of 1980 - I had a great visit with Shannon on Thursday night for dinner and then lunch today. The healthy eating was pretty much out the window. We went to Moxie's for dinner on Thursday night and I had a delicious pasta with Italian Sausage, tomatoes, and other goodness. Today for lunch we went to Swan's - had a bowl of clam chowder and edamame. It was so good to see her and hard to believe that 7 years have gone by since we last sat down for a visit. I think that our relationship has been rejuvenated and 1980 - would be happy that we have got back in touch with one another. She is very special to me. 

Jozie and Magnum had a visit to the beauty salon yesterday. Magnum has probably lost about 20 pounds worth of hair - he is still so cute - but I do miss the hair. He does too I think - he shivered in his sleep last night. Jozie, aka - Kujo - when at the salon, did really well yesterday. Hazel was pleased with her and was happy that Joz didn't take a nip. We have been going to Hazel since Maggie was probably 6 - so at least 7 years - she still talks about Maggie and what a lovely girl she was - oh how we miss her so. 

BEFORE:                                 
  

AFTER:

Tonight I made a nice and easy dinner. It was a busy day, so I was very happy that I had planned in advance - not only this morning by taking out chicken, but last week when I shopped. Give this a try - let me know what you think.

Whole Wheat Asparagus Ravioli Sims Ave Style

2 chicken breats (bone in or boneless whatever you have)
2 packs of Eating Right Asparagus whole wheat ravioli (these freeze really well)
1 onion - diced
2-3 cloves of garlic - minced
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
15-20 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cream 
1/4 cup parmesan 
Dried oregano 

I used bone in chicken tonight. I cooked them with just a little kosher salt and pepper, in a 400 oven for about an hour. I removed the skin and the chicken from the bone and cut it into cubes.

In your skillet, saute your onion in 2 tbsp of olive oil, add a couple of pinches of kosher salt. Saute for about 10 minutes. Add garlic - and cook for about a minute - watch your garlic doesn't burn. Add your wine and let simmer for a minute or two. Add mushrooms and continue to saute. After 10 minutes add your chicken and tomatoes. Once it is all incorporated add cream and stir - add parmesan. 

Add your cooked ravioli (a little at a time to ensure that it is all covered with the delicious sauce)  and mix it all together. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and voila!

Chris rated this a 4.

Tomorrow night we are being treated to dinner at our dear friend Bruce's. It is always such a treat to visit with Bruce especially at his house. He is a great cook, so I am looking forward to what he will create for us. 

I plan on doing a little shopping tomorrow - making sure I have ingredients for some healthy cooking. Maybe visiting Superstore for little house accessories to decorate the new room downstairs - who knows what the day will bring. I am prepared for the possibilities. 

I hope that if 1980 calls you - it is for something good.

Enjoy!

No comments: