Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Welcome Tuesday. I brought on the day today - tackled it. Felt better - back to work - lots accomplished - and to end the night, like icing on the cake - it's Biggest Loser day! I love this show. I find it so inspiring - I love seeing these people work so hard transforming themselves not only physically but emotionally. 

The theme song from the show has the words 'What have you done today to make you feel proud?' - I love this. I often ask myself this. Taking the time to think about what you have done throughout the day to make you feel like you have accomplished something. Today, I am proud. I am proud that ate healthy at work, that I got in a nice long walk with the pups and proud of the life that Chris and I have together. We have a comfortable house that we have both worked so hard to have. Sorry for the sap, but it's true. We are doing some transformations, and I can't wait to have it all done. I will have two kitchens - two ovens - so double the cooking.

We are having left overs tonight for dinner. I heated up the soup - it turned out so good. I was very happy to hear that Chris rated last night's soup a 5! Whoop whoop.

I made Chris' lunch for him, and thought that I would share.

Steak and Veggie pita sandwiches

1 small pack of strips of sirloin - so easy, no need to cut up the meat
2 whole wheat pitas
2 cups of mixed salad greens
1 cup of fresh sliced mushrooms
1 tbsp of light mayonnaise
Cooking spray - I have a pump that I add olive oil to, and use that as my cooking spray

Spray heavy pan with cooking spray and heat up the pan. Add the steak to this pan, season with kosher salt and pepper. If you want to add additional flavours - try a couple of drops of tabasco, teriyaki sauce, or soya sauce. Saute until the meat is cooked to the consistency that you like - i.e., medium, rare, etc.
Prepare the pitas with the mayonnaise, add the greens, mushrooms and then top with the steak. 

For an alternative dressing - mix plain yogurt, garlic (even garlic powder to make it really easy) and fresh dill or dill seasoning and drizzle on top.

Chris' rating was a 3.

Pitas are going to be a new favourite around here. I wouldn't recommend the Safeway Eating Right brand - I have found them too thin, and they don't hold up to well when making sandwiches with them. Although I am a huge fan of the Eating Right products, just not this one.

I hope you are all proud today. 

Enjoy life.

Enjoy.

No comments: