Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Running for my life - part 2.

Hello Tuesday fans! 

Today has been a busy day - so many thoughts running through my head. Good ones - exciting ones - deep ones. 

At some point today, I thought about how I have such wonderful friends in my life. They come in all different flavours = meaning - I see some everyday, to some that I haven't seen in what seems like forever, to some that I have known my entire life to others that have become friends within the last couple of years. 

Today I spoke with many close friends - I caught up on what was happening in Dublin; I shared intimate thoughts about relationships, I shared in the excitement of purchasing a condo, I shared tears with the loss of a family pet, I planned my wedding (oh hi Chris - I didn't know you would read this - no everyone we're not engaged - yet. Oh hi again, Chris!), I had many many laughs, I overjoyed in seeing a friend who has come so far and overcome so many obstacles, I shared the sadness of losing a loved one, I was relieved to know that a surgery went well, I heard of travel plans, and that is just a  few blessings that I have had today.

I thought a lot today about just a few of the many wonderful women in my life and how they all mean so much to me and why I value them so much. I really think that good friends are in your life for a reason. I think that good friends help you see things in a way that you may not have looked at them before. They bring out the good in you because they can see what you sometimes can't.  I am feeling blessed right now - and feel the love.

Tonight I ran for my life again. I really did! Tonight I decided to change my group. Instead of running with the 'First Timers' I ran with the 'New Newbies'. We run the exact same distance and times, it was just at a little bit of a slower pace. Each interval got easier and easier. The hills were challenging - but I got up them, no stopping, and no diving into the bushes waiting for the group to return. My last interval, I broke away from the little group that I was running with, and just ran. I had the most amazing feeling. I can't even explain it. But I thought, "You're doing it!" I was light on my feet, my head was high, my back straight, my breathing strong, it felt amazing. Addictive. Emotional. I need to remember that feeling each time I run and embrace it. 

I really feel that we can all do whatever we want and/or need to and that there are times when it is going to be easy and times when it is going to be so tough. I think that we have to remember that the tough times will pass - and in the end, we will prevail. Surrounding yourselves with friends and loved ones will make things that much easier. 

Tonight's dinner was 'not on the table'. After running I rushed home and took the pups for a 30 minute 'pull'. Chris came home minutes after I did and had two bowls of Honey Nut Cheerios and I had a cup of soup with cheese sandwich. Sometimes you just need to have those kinds of dinners. Tomorrow night will be roasted chicken with an amazing salad. Will post fo shizzle - that is my rap talk for - for sure.

Ok, lovelies, good evening. Sleep tight. Love your pillow.

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love your blog, it's so refreshing and I look forward nightly to read it!!
You're awesome...
:)