Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hump Day, Welcome.

It's Hump Day - I often get an email from my cuz wishing me a "Happy Hump Day" - it makes my week. I'm not going to lie - years and years ago, when I was a youngster working a summer job for the District of Kitimat - Wednesdays were Donut Day - and also Hump Day. For awhile, I could not figure out why these men were talking about 'Hump Day' and how gross they were! Then I realized that the 'Hump' meant mid-week. Another funny 'Hump' story is when Nancy, Margo and I landed in Glasgow. After a 10 hour flight, when we were just leaving the airport with our uncle Ian, I saw a sign that read "HUMPED PEDESTRIAN CROSSING" - now it could have been the lack of sleep, but I seriously thought that this was the funniest thing ever. I couldn't control myself - the others didn't find it AS funny. We were driving down a country road on the way home and I saw the sign again, and lost it. Sigh. Whewwwww!

I spent the day in a Leadership training course today. It was part 2 of a 4 day course. We are doing them over a couple of months. The first part was in September, so there was a bit of catching up to do.

The course is quite good. One of our tasks is to come up with our own Leadership Virtue - for the next session, this is something that I have to work on. I don't want to get into my work - too much - but I think that this virtue exercise will be good for me. It will allow me to think of the leadership role that I want to be in, and if I need to change anything. 

I had a great walk with the pups after the course - and now they are sleeping soundly under my feet. They had an exciting day with Monique - who has transformed our home. I love her. 

For tonight's supper, I am making an old-fashioned comfort food dish. Nothing fancy, nothing organic and nothing that will win an award. But, it will warm my bones on this cold night, it will fill Chris' belly after a very long night of Kunga and it will be ready in just a few more minutes.

Baked Pasta - the easy way - Sims Style
1.5 lbs of ground meat - I am using Chicken tonight
1 onion
3 cups of sliced mushrooms - used canned if you want - probably would be 2 cans
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup of peas
3 cups of whole wheat macaroni
2 cups of shredded light cheese
Any seasoning you like
Parmesan to top

Saute your meat and onion. Boil your pasta. Add your mushrooms and soup to the meat, then add sour cream and peas. Mix well. Before adding pasta to your skillet, add 1 cup of cheese to the sauce. Add any dry seasonings that you love - red chili pepper flakes, dried oregano... Add drained pasta. Mix together. Pour into a casserole dish, top with remaining cheese and grated parmesan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. And that's it!

I am looking forward to this dish tonight - it's a cold, wet and dreary night, and comfort food will hit the spot.

Still stay tuned for the GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA - more info will follow - I promise. I am just fine tuning the bits that need to be tuned.

I hope you all had a great Hump Day today - that you know what 'Hump Day' means and that you were on the lookout for a 'Humped Pedestrian Crossing'.

Loves.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I didn't know til a few months ago what hump day meant!!LOL...a little slow on the take!!
I would have died of laughter seeing that sign...
too funny!!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl -

Sorry it's taken me so long to actually read thru most of your blog.You're an excellent writer! So proud of you with everything you have achieved and who you are.

Bless. nancy