Monday, February 2, 2009

Knock, knock, gnocchi on Heaven's door.

Monday, Monday. I am in a singing mood right now - have been singing all night long - right now it's 'If you like it then you should have put a ring on it' - heyyyyyy Chris - hint hint. 

Anyways, singing - and I should let you know that it is with a frozen mouth. My last visit for fixing my tooth - aka 'crown' was this afternoon. It's not a gold toof though - white porcelain. There was so much freezing put in, but it didn't seem to actually freeze the tooth having work done on it. My mom freaked me out by saying maybe I had an infection. Just in case you didn't know, I am petrified of the dentist - and apparently after thorough investigation today, I found out what a Root Canal was - and that is when a filling (under the tooth) gets infected. I AM FREAKED OUT OF HAVING A ROOT CANAL - actually have been for years, and until today, didn't know what it was. It's seems to be better now - I didn't slur any of the words when singing - thankfully :)

After the dentist, grab the dogs take them for a 'pull' - they just pull me so instead of 'walk', that's my new name for it - hello 'wannabe sled dogs'! Then to the mall to pick up some runners for Chris, then to get something for dinner - then home to make dinner. I was not prepared for dinner tonight - I think that the dentist through me off today - that and the crap sleep last night (oh dogs).  

For tonight I made Gnocchi - hence my song. It turned out really well, and it was super easy. I make another dinner with gnocchi that I will share come summer - b/c I use fresh cherry tomatoes, and they really need to be fresh and from the garden. 

Gnocchi Goodness
2 packs of gnocchi (you can find these in the pasta aisle)
1 onion - chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic - minced
2 cups of cooked chicken (whatever you like - cut into cubes)
1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
1/4 cup of white wine
1 or 2 bags of spinach (I used two b/c I needed to use them before they expired)
1 red pepper - chopped into thin strips
1/2 cup feta
Parmesan 

Saute onion in olive oil - about 8 minutes. Add garlic. Saute for a couple of minutes. Add 1/2 of the chicken stock - then add spinach. Try to coat all of the spinach in the stock. Cover and let simmer.  After about 10 minutes, add the rest of the stock and the wine and the red pepper. Cover again.  Add the boiled gnocchi - should take about 7 minutes. Once you are able to coat the gnocchi. Once it is all incorporated together, add the crumbled feta. Then top with parmesan. 

And that's it! I's a delicious meal. This would have been a great dish sans the chicken - maybe with a bunch of mushrooms instead.

The day is almost done and Chris should be home shortly. I am psyching my up for my running clinic tomorrow night - I will report back tomorrow night.

I wish you all a good Tuesday and happy cooking.

Enjoy!


No comments: