Monday, February 16, 2009

Only 44 more sleeps!

Forgive me - I know that counting down something that is 44 sleeps away is a little ridiculous - but I can't help it. 44 more sleeps and Chris and I are on our way to the Mayan Riviera! I can't wait. Neither of us have ever had a vacation like this before - so 7 days of rest and relaxation, 7 days of no work or Kung Fu, 7 mornings together, 7 days of someone cooking for you, 7 days of bevvies, 7 days of surf and sand... see where I'm going with this? I can't wait. 

I think that we really deserve this; Chris more than I. He works so hard all the time. His down time consists of two days off - one of those days being a 4 hour Kung Fu stint and the other, running errands for most of the day. I know that it may take a day or two for us to unwind when we are there - but I know that we are going to have an amazing time.  I will try not to write too much about it before then, but I may not be able to help myself.

It's been a typical Monday - busy - good to see everyone after the weekend. The weekend seemed long this time around - which was nice for a change. 

I have just finished dinner and the dishes. Dinner was something that I have made and posted before - a combo between chili and spaghetti sauce - lots of veggies, navy beans, ground turkey, served with a piece of Naan bread. See here, for the recipe.

I am on the hunt for a new duvet cover for downstairs - I think that I have found one at Ikea - even Chris liked it and used words like 'contrast' when describing it.  You unfortunately can't order it online - so maybe I'll have to take a trip over soon. Anyone need anything?

Ok friends - that is it for me for today. Short and sweet. I hope you have wonderful Tuesdays. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That is so awesome that you are going on a holiday!!!! Can't wait to see the pics! We're not going anywhere spectacular this summer...hopefully Disneyland next January...fingers, toes and anything else crossed!LOL
You make the yummiest dinners!