Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Running for my life.

That's what I feel like tonight. Not just because I had running clinic tonight, but I really feel that I need to run for my life. I need to stay positive when I am out on that path, keep my breathing under control, be happy that I am doing something for myself and be proud of my accomplishments. Problem is, I am struggling. I am really struggling. I am struggling with all of it. I need to figure out why I can't get past it. 

r u n


Sorry to be a downer. It was a tough night. If it wasn't for my friend Maegan, I may have hid in the bush until the group returned. I am eternally grateful for her friendship - I really hope she knows this. When we run, she runs ahead and then we when we walk she turns around finds me and walks with me. I am really emotional as I am writing this. I just am so fortunate to have her helping me out. I know that she could be way ahead, running laps around everyone, but she doesn't complain about my slow stride and makes it fun. Thanks Maegan, I really appreciate it. So much.

Ok, I feel a bit better. Whenever I am struggling I think of different things: I think of Micki's voice telling me "You can do it. You will do it. You are doing it". I think of my dad telling me to 'run lassie run' and I think about my damn breathing. That is something that I really need to work on. By the end of the run tonight, I was breathing better, but still struggling. It will get better - I just have to change my train of thought. 

We had a guest speaker tonight, Lucy Smith, visit her here, she is a world class runner and was really inspirational. She has a blog that you can find on the right hand side of the page, so you may find some inspiration if you are looking for some.

r u n

Chris made dinner tonight and a fine job he did. He too, HEARTS, the slow cooker.  

Roast beef dinner Sims Style
1 roast - really whatever cut you like
5 large potatoes - chopped into small-medium chunks
4 large carrots - chopped into small chunks
2 onions - chopped
3 cups of water
Kosher salt and pepper

Put the meat in the pot, place vegetables around the meat, cover with salt and pepper, then pour the water over top. Cook in the slow cooker on high for approximately 5  1/2 hours or auto for approximately 8 hours. 

I made a quick gravy for him. I took about 1 1/2 cups of stock from the pot, added it to a saucepan with 2 heaping tablespoons of flour, stir on high heat with a whisk, reduce heat when thickened, add more stock if needed. I always add white wine to my gravy, so added about 1/4 cup.

I don't eat red meat so I didn't really have any. I did eat the veggies and picked off a couple of pieces of the meat. It was so tender and so tasty. Great job Chris!!! 

So, that is it for me for tonight. I am over and out. I appreciate you listen to me whine - I don't mean to, but sometimes you just have one of those days. 

I know the next run will be easier and that a running is always going be a struggle for me - I have to accept that and work with it to my benefit. 

I can do it, I will do it, I am doing it. Say that to yourself - when things are tough - only we can make things happen for ourselves.

r u n

Loves from C.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I ran the other night and had a very discouraging crappy run.
Keep it up. I believe in you. Believe in yourself. That's my mantra this week.