Monday, February 9, 2009

Spoiled..


That's exactly the way I'm feeling right now. I just got home from an amazing dinner with my dear friend Micki. I had such an amazing dinner - great view of the marina, great company and the most delicious dinner. We went to the Marina Restaurant, check it out HERE, at the Oak Bay Marina. 

Micki's husband is the chef at the Marina, so we were totally spoiled by everyone, including him. We started with a Caramalized Onion Tart with goat cheese. Hello! Seriously, unbelievable. Then we had for our appetizer - which was a bed of warmed spinach, that I think had pancetta and then a goat cheese croquette, with mustard vinaigrette. Then, my main dish was Pork Belly sitting on top of lentils that I think had beets and apple and roasted fennel. The lentils were so delicious. the pork belly was similar to pork tenderloin. It melted in my mouth. For dessert we shared a pecan bourbon tart and then 3 different chocolate truffles. The food was just so amazing. I am going to have to try and duplicate those lentils - stay tuned.

Micki is such a great person, and is always so much fun. She is the kind of person that you just can't help but feel so inspired by after spending time with her. I feel really fortunate to have met her and have her in my life.

Chris was home waiting for me with the pups when I got home. He had leftovers tonight - last night's dinner was a hit. I'll be making that one again.

As promised, here is the recipe for Peas with Pancetta.  

Peas with Pancetta 

3 slices of Pancetta - about a half inch each - cut into small peices
1 small white onion chopped
1 clove of garlic minced
3 cups of fresh or frozen peas 
1 cup of low sodium chicken stock
Kosher salt and pepper

Saute pancetta in a non-stick skillet - I used the cast iron. Saute until the pieces are crispy. Remove from the pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat - cook for about 2 minutes. Add peas and stock, salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat for about 5-10 minutes - until the peas have absorbed the liquid. And that's it - so tasty.

Tomorrow is run day - I hope to run like the wind - or at least run. I am pumped for the clinic - I am going to kick some Sole Sister Butt!

I hope you all had a great first day to your week. Tomorrow I have a dentist appt. to hopefully cure the ear issue. Wish me luck.

I am home, I am full, I am comfortable, I am ready for bed, and snuggle with my loves.

Go enjoy your pillow.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Run Cheryl Run!!!!
Sounds like a fantastic evening!!