Saturday, February 21, 2009

These are better days...

Baby, these are better days it's true, these are better days baby, better days with a girl like you. 
Bruce Springsteen - I love that song. And today just felt like a BETTER day! I went for a run with my friend/trainer (I can call her that again, b/c I am actually doing some exercise) and it was FRICKIN' FANTASTIC!!! I am so pumped. We started out with a great warmup - I'm not gonna lie, the warmup  tired me a bit, and then we were off. The first interval was up a hill, so I potentially thought that I may fall over, but thankfully I didn't. And then it just kept getting better. Technically the run should have been 2.5 mins of running, 3 mins of walking - but we started out with 3 mins running and 2 mins walking. And before I knew it, we were doing 4 and 2 and then the last run was 5 minutes. 

I have a bit of a hard time expressing to others that I am proud of myself - I always worry that it will come across as conceited, and that is not what I would ever want people to think - but right now - I am really proud of myself. During about the 3rd run, Micki said to me 'I don't want to get emotional here, but this is not the girl that had such a hard time in the summer running 30 seconds outside'. She is so genuinely proud too - she is just that person - always seeing the good in people and brings it out in them. Thanks Micki!  After our run, I whipped home and took the dogs on a great walk - no leashes - about 45 mins. Micki was going to be riding her bike home and then going for a 2.5 hour run! Hello!!! Unreal. She can so do it - she is amazing.

So, funny comments from so many yesterday about the 'engagement'. When I was writing the post, I was pretty much writing it in a joking way - but felt that b/c it was on paper - and there was now a 'paper trail' that it was real. So I am going with that. The unfortunate thing, is, that Chris is a little shell shocked and a little worried that I am taking this seriously. We've had a few laughs. My new 'pet' name for him right now is "Beyonce" because it rhymes with "Fiance" - and "if you like it then you should have put a ring on it". 

I missed posting TFIF!! It was a good one. I put a little wine and cheese together for my team at work at the end of the day. It's a nice way to step away from your desk, chat, and unwind at the end of a long week. I called in "Whine with Wine". We took a pic of our little display.


We ended up going to the movie "Taken" last night - with Liam Neeson. It was pretty good. Very suspenseful. It was one of those movies, that when it is over and you are at home in the comfort of your own home that you are still thinking about it - and how this is something that could really happen.  A little scary - but worth seeing - perhaps a renter.

I LOVE going to the movies. It's in my blood. My granddad ran a movie theater as his career. My grandma used to tell stories about my dad, and how he would take the bus or walk to meet my granddad at the theater and stay for the afternoon and watch movies. My dad loved movies too. When living at home in Kitimat, we pretty much went to the movie every week. We went to see "Basic Instinct" when it came to town. Oh god, I can still see my dad's uncomfortable face during the "scene". Can you imagine? God. I also remember walking from my house to the theater with Craig Sherstan to see "Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory" when we were about 8. We were so fortunate to have that freedom growing up. Also walking home on a very snowy and cold night with my sister after watching "Santa Claus".

Chris and I love going to the movies too. We try and go as often as we can. We pretty much will see anything - except horror films - can't do them. 

Not too sure what this afternoon will bring. It's lovely out there. We may take advantage of the "Dine Around" this weekend and try out a new restaurant or curl up and watch the Canucks game and hang with the pups. One thing that I do know, is that I bought an Angel Food cake from Safeway, I have a bag of blueberries in the freezer, and that is going to be some sort of dessert somewhere in there today.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend - and are treating yourself to something - we all deserve it.

Loves.

Enjoy!
 

No comments: