Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who do you trust?


Well hello wee Wednesday!

Good day today. Slept in - not sure what's happening but when the alarm goes off, I feel that I have this internal clock that I can say 'ok, I will wake up in 10 minutes' - the clock is a little off, normally by about 20 minutes. Oh well, I guess the extra minutes have been worth it.

I feel better after last night's 'situation'. I thought that I would mention a few things: 1. I was last in my group in the running clinic - not last in the entire running clinic - not that there would be anything wrong with that - but last in my group. And I realized that at the end, there were 3 behind me. Why am I so obsessed with this??? 2. I was actually at the PetroCan for over an hour - hence the frustration at the end of it. I did meet a girl who was going to be auditioning for the sequel to Twilight. Apparently they are holding auditions for young aboriginals this weekend. She was such a pretty girl - I hope she gets it.

So we had an exercise in one of our virtues at work this week - the virtue this week was Trust. We did a fun exercise where one person had to be blind folded and had to rely on their co-workers voice to get them to the destination safely. Don't worry it wasn't like running through traffic or anything - HA - can you imagine?

Anyways, on my 'pull' tonight (aka walk), I just starting thinking about trust, and who I have that I trust in my life. I trust many people in my life, and I think that I am fortunate to be able to do this. For example, I trust that Chris will always make sure that we are financially ok; I trust that my family will always help me in anyway that they can; I trust that when I get to visit my bf, Nancy, in Dublin that we will have a great time - and these are just a few that I think of. I think that trust is such an important part of your life.  Then I got to thinking, I hope that I am trusted by my family and friends. I guess I have always thought of myself as a trustworthy person - friend, daughter, sister, partner - but I really hope that people see me this way. 

Well this is just a bit of a rant, but it is something really important to think about. Who do you trust?

Ok, so last night's dinner was put on hold, and Subway was on the menu. So, dinner tonight, was the baked eggs.  I love this dish. I had the idea over a year ago, and it has been dinner more than once. I also made this for Christmas brunch this past Christmas. It's a hearty meal.

Baked Eggs Sims Style                                        
1 onion chopped
1 red pepper - thinly sliced 
2 cups of fresh mushrooms - sliced
1 zucchini - halved lengthwise then sliced
2 chorizo sausages - thinly sliced
2 tbsp unsalted butter
6 eggs
2 tbsp dried oregano
1/4 milk
1-2 cups shredded cheese - how cheesy do you want it?

Saute onion in olive oil for about 8 minutes. I use a cast iron frying pan so that I can just place it right in the oven. If you don't have a frying pan that can go in the oven - don't worry - do the veggies in the pan, and then transfer to a baking dish.
Add the butter, let melt and then add the vegetables and sausage and let saute for about 10 minutes. Add kosher salt and  pepper. 
Mix eggs, milk and dried oregano in a bowl.  Stirn in 1/2 cup of the cheese to the egg mixture and then pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and sausage. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the eggs and that's it!  
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. 

Give this a try. It's a good dish on a cold night or a hearty breakfast on a weekend. The sweetness of the peppers, the spicy-ness of the sausage and the fluffiness of the eggs - yumma.

Chris rated this a 5!!!

I have dishes to do, lunches to pack (leftover eggs), laundry to fold and hopefully a good visit with Chris when he gets home (one more hour to go). There is always something to do.

Have good dreams. 

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Scott would love that egg dish. I make him breaky for supper lots.
When I started my running clinic last year I was in the last 5...at the end of the program I was one of five who completed it. Still proud of the accomplishment. Don't let where you are dictate how you do...it has nothing to do with it. Keep on trucking. I'm going for a run/walk tomorrow and I'm so excited!!
Your trust topic made me think...I trust Scott with everything...