Sunday, March 8, 2009

Been there, done that!

Holla!!!
I just wanted to post a quick update - we went, we ran, we finished. It was a beautiful morning for a run. It was cold, clear and there were so many happy excited people to make the journey together. 
Maegan, and her number 1 fan and husband - Dana, picked me up and we headed off to the race. We had an alright warmup, and then headed out on the course. Maegan did a great job, I think she finished in 34 minutes. Whoop whoop!!!
I finished in 42 minutes. I'm ok with that. I started out quite strong and ran for about 8 minutes and then realized that I probably shouldn't have, b/c it took me more than a minute to get back on track. I then was able to do 5-6 minute runs with a 1 minute walk. I am pleased - it was a good start to my running 'career'. That's what I am calling this. Impressed? Ha! Kidding, but I guess it was a good start to my running 'journey' - remember, I am RUNNING FOR MY LIFE!

The best was that my mom was there at the end. She was there cheering me on and taking pictures. Thanks Mom!!! We are having 'issues' with the pictures, but I will figure it out and post as soon as possible.

Ok, so Chris is due home any minute now, and we are going to put the names in a hat or basket or whatever, and draw our 3 names and then I will post the winners this evening along with my recipe for a Seafood Chowder or stew - we'll have to see how it turns out.

Talk to you again soon!
C.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Congratulations!!!! What an amazing accomplishment!!!I thought about you first thing this morning!
:)