Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Do you ever have one of those days?

Do you? What is it that makes you have one of "those" days? I have to admit that I try not to have many of "those" days but sometimes they can't be helped. I hate to complain when they are little things that shouldn't get to me. Things could be worse. They could be SO worse. I'm blessed - I don't have too much that I should complain about - but we're human. It's inevitable. Sigh.
SIGH.
Today - was one of those days - certain noises got to me. I was irritated. The sound of popcorn crunching and the thumping of playing air drums on a desk, got to me. Fortunately, I am able to get up from my desk when needed - so a meeting in the local coffee shop was just what I needed. The chai latte and a chocolate cookie - brought me back to normal and the few moments of fresh air, did wonders. 

I really try hard not to let things get to me - Chris would probably tell you differently - but by law, I am pretty sure that having your spouse see you at your worst and have to endure whatever, is the way it's 'supposed' to be. I love you Chris! Ok, don't worry, I'm not a giant spaz and expect Chris to just sit there; however, he often does call me a 'giant spaz'. Whatever. I'm not. I am a little anal sometimes, I'm not going to lie. Forgive me if I want dishes put back where they belong, or that I want the garbage to be taken out without asking. Really, ok, I am venting and it's dumb. Things could be worse - I have dishes to eat off of, a house that covers us and a love to share it all with.

Tonight I had planned to make Ruth's Sticky chicken thighs - but my mom asked me to come for dinner - and I am so glad she invited me. She made a delicious dinner. Stuffed turkey breasts, sweet potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower. It was so nice to be treated to a great dinner. 

Mom's Stuffed Turkey Breast - in Mom's words
I took 4 slices of brown bread and madeit in to stuffing. Cut 1/2 onion into pieces and saute in 1/8 c. of margarine, along with 2 stalks of celery, saute till soft.Meanwhile, take a handful of dried cranberries and soak in hot water. I then  put it altogether with the bread, added poultry seasoning, parsley flakes, salt, pepper and mixed it altogether (drain cranberries first)

Take your thigh, and flatten it out as much as possible.  Put the stuffing ontop of the thigh and roll up, tie with string in three places. So that the stuffing didn't fall out at the ends I took pieces of the 1/2 onion I had left and with toothpicks attached pieces to both ends.
I baked it at 350deg. for 1 1/2 hours in a sprayed dish with a lid., remove and let sit for 5 mins, then cut.

So delicious!!!! I will have to try this some time.

I am just waiting for Chris to come home - it should be any minute now. It's hard not seeing him for more than 30 minutes in 48 hours - seriously - sleeping with doesn't count. 

We are nearing the weekend - and it's a much needed one. Until tomorrow... happy sleeps.

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Beth said...

sticky thighs...HELLO