Thursday, March 26, 2009

Taking care of you!

Hello friends. I missed writing last night - I had big plans to write up a good post - and do some organizing - but I got 'gassing' on the phone as my grandma used to say and by the time I was off the phone - it was almost time for bed. I kind of had this feeling like I had forgotten to do my homework - I missed it. What I was so EXCITED to see this morning is comments left by some lovely ladies! Jenny so happy you received the gift - and so excited for you that Scott is your new running partner - it will be such an exciting experience for the two of you. Margo  - I was so happy to see your post - you did it! I am going to be coming to see you soon - and we will have lots of laughs. And Beth - love the recipes you've been posting! Can't wait to try them all.

I just wanted to ask the question - what do you do to take care of yourself? It's so important that we take care of ourselves - so share if you want - so we can all get great ideas for our pledge of taking care of ourselves. There are many areas of my life that I need to work on - but on this journey I know that there are certain things that I need to do. I know that I need at least 7 hours of sleep a night to be at my best. I know that I need at least one walk a day - the fresh air always makes me feel better. I know that I need to drink lots of water every day - I also know that I should be drinking more. I know that there is a lot more that I should mention, but those are some that are important to me. So... share. What do you do?

Last night's dinner was boring but healthy - sauteed onion, red pepper, fresh mushrooms, spinach, cherry tomatoes, chicken, all sauteed in the same pan, with feta cheese at the end, served over brown rice. I added a bit of chicken stock to the veggies. Chris rated it a 4.

Tonight's dinner was delicious. My girlfriend Lynn got it from a friend, she tried it and loved it - she gave it to me - and I loved it. This is a super easy dish - and I think that it will be one to add to the book.

Lynn's baked chicken and potatoes - Italian Style           

8 -10 small red potatoes - thinly sliced 
1 small onion - thinly sliced
4 chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar of tomato sauce - I used Healthy Choice - no fat - healthy ingredients
1 cup of shredded mozzarella

On a long piece of aluminum foil place your potatoes then onions. Top your potatoes with the chicken. Then pour your tomato sauce on top and cover with the cheese. Then place another piece of aluminum foil over top - and create a packet - fastening all the edges together. Bake in a 425 oven for 1 hour. And that's it!!! Seriously so easy. Next time I will add things to it - like sliced mushrooms, spinach and instead of potatoes I will used yams or sweet potatoes. AND, I am going to try making it in the slow cooker. This will be a great dish that you can plan in advance - packing it all up the night before and having it ready for when you are home from your day.

Chris rated this a 4.

The weekend is near. I can hear it calling. I have an action packed weekend planned - and it is going to be grand. Tomorrow night is dinner with Maegan and Dana - it's Maegan's birthday on the 5th, so we are going to have dinns together, early, to celebrate. Maegan wants to cook together, so that is exactly what we are going to do. It is going to be a fun night. Saturday, will be a run day, a little shopping  then dinner in the evening with our friend David (and his new gf) who is watching our wee house and wee pups while we are gone. Not too sure what dinner will be - but I've got time to think of it. Sunday - let's hope that it is filled with a good dog walk, some rest and down time - down time taking care of me.

Have a great Friday friends. TFIF!!!

Enjoy!

No comments: