Saturday, April 4, 2009

4 days and counting

Happy Saturday. It's been a good one - fast, but good. I was up early - 6:42 to be exact. Thanks Magnumson.  I headed out nice and early with Jules to Superstore. Just in case you're not aware - that place is dangerous. I went to get everything that we needed for our trip - stuff like shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, advil... all stuff that we have at home, but we have all travel sizes now. Anytime you can buy clothes, to makeup to tomatoe puree, in the same place is too tempting.

Jules and I went for our pedicure. The place is in the Hillside Mall - ProfessioNail (I think that's what it's called) - cheap - in an out in less that 45 minutes. I got a very very pale pink - not shimmery at all - very natural looking. Jules got a pink that we thought would be a light pink, it turned out to almost be like a cross between a neon pink and orange. Not her fave - but in the end we had nice toes. FYI - I really dislike feet - the first part of summer when people bring out their toes that have been hibernating all winter, I admit, gives me a bit of anxiety. 

I did a little shopping after the pedi - shopping pretty much equals a degrading shopping experience. Oh well - Chris got some great shirts to take with us, and I got a couple of skirts. Tomorrow - the $h*t will hit the fan, when I have to try and find a bathing suit. I looked today, and couldn't find anything. I'm serious, there are crap bathing suits out there. Not just for 'plus size' - which I hate that term btw, but for regular ladies too. I found some bathing suits that looked like they were dresses in the absolute WORST patterned material. I often wonder who is designing this material? I think that someone is sitting there, and thinking - ok, well the bathing suit is going to look crap so let's make the material even worse. I was really disappointed. After leaving, and feeling badly for myself - which I really can't - hot chocolate and toast for dinner throughout university and lack of exercise helped me get here, not anything else - I thought, I should design bathing suits for all women. Then I remembered that I don't really have any 'design experience' and I don't really know how to use a sewing machine. Years ago, I wanted to do custom made bras and lingerie for women - I should have done it. My brother said that he would be the 'measurer' - haha so funny. Anyways, who knows, maybe I will think about this. Why not? I think that everyone wants to look good in a bathing suit - but more than that, feel good in a bathing suit. 

Sigh.

The dogs had a nice walk today, we treated ourselves to Green Tea Frapps - no syrup - from SB's - did a little cleaning, perfect day.

Dinner tonight was delicious and full of colour. Colour is so good in your menu. The more colour (natural) the better. Tonight's dinner had red, yellow, green and orange.

Baked Halibut Sims Style

I made 3 halibut steaks - so the ingredients that went with would have been enough for 4.

3 halibut steaks
1 yellow pepper - cut into thin strips
1 red chili pepper - chopped into tiny pieces
20-25 grape tomatoes
1 lemon
Kosher and pepper

Use 1 piece of tin foil for each piece of fish. On a piece of aluminum foil large enough to make a pocket - place the fish. Season with kosher and cracked pepper. Squeeze fresh lemon - I used a half a lemon for 3 pieces - use more if you like. I then added the red chili pepper. Then added the yellow pepper and tomatoes. Added a bit more kosher, then drizzled with olive oil - not very much at all. Fold the top of the foil over and then each of the sides - to seal all of the goodness inside. Bake in a 400 oven for 20 minutes.

                                     
                      Before
      
                                                   
                                                    After                      
The colours were lovely.

I served this with mashed yams - boiled cut yams until soft - drained and mashed just like mashed potatoes. Added a bit of butter and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese.

As well, we had baby bok choy. I added the bok choy to the cast iron skillet, added 1/2 cup of chicken stock and heated, covered at medium heat for about 7 minutes.

Tomorrow we have a wedding dinner to go to. Chris' boss went to Hawaii for their wedding, so there is a get together to wish them - congratulations. I'm sure poor Chris will get lots of slack from everyone about when he is getting married. Rightfully so :) I showed him - 
www. harlings.com - to check out rings that I may like if we were to get engaged. A friend at work has had this jeweler in their family for years and years. 

I hope that you are all enjoying your weekend - and getting out there for some lovely fresh air. Tomorrow is supposed to be 17. Whoop whoop.

Enjoy!

No comments: