Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Congratulations are in order.

I am so excited - my friend Tracy and her love, Jonathon (who I like to call Jonathong sometimes) got engaged this weekend. CONGRATULATIONS TRACY and JONATHON!! The ring is beautiful. I am so happy for them and can't wait to hear about all of their wedding plans. They have a 2 week holiday to Greece coming up - their holiday will even be more exciting now that they are ENGAGED!

Chris if you're reading... I like engagements too. 

I just took my banana loaf out of the oven. I think that I may have overcooked it slightly.  I used whole wheat flour and reduced the sugar by a 1/4 cup - so I'll let you know how it turns out.

I am loving cooking with limes right now. I often use lemons, but limes are relatively new to me - except for Corona's and adding to quacamole - that's really all that I have used them for. When I was in Mexico, Chris and I ate at a restaurant one night that was called the Gourmet Restaurant. The food was AMAZING. I had a bowl of soup for one of my starters that was Lime Soup. I was thinking that it was going to be served cold, but it wasn't. It was served warm, with a tiny bit of chicken and had small tortilla crisps floating on top. It was incredible. I didn't take a picture b/c it didn't look at that fancy - but the taste was so delightful that I am eager to give it a try. I will let you know if it turns out.

That same 'dining' night we feasted on:
A mini pancake topped with creme fraiche and cavier (first time for me)
Proscuitto and cantelope (me - Chris doesn't like cantelope)
Duck (Chris - I don't do duck)
Chicken Cordon Bleu - amazing - I will be trying that some time soon
Tequila - Chris - I just watched with wine
Chocolate torte - to die for

I wanted post pictures - but it's taking forever to upload them - I will let you know when they are added.

I made leftovers tonight - the meatloaf turned out really well - I think that I could live on meatloaf - is that a bad thing?

Ok friends - run and be safe - enjoy your nights - it's hump day tomorrow and things can only get better.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I have an awesome blueberry bran muffin recipe that doesn't use sugar(stevia, and maple sugar flakes instead)...the CAT's ASS...
I'm going to post it on my blog tomorrow afternoon...I have a lab I'm supposed to be prepping for...LOL

Cheryl said...

I LOVE blueberries!! Can't wait to see the recipe. Good luck on your lab. You're amazing with everything that you are doing!