Saturday, May 9, 2009

Good day, Saturday.


Thankfully this weekend has arrived. It seemed to take awhile - but off at last.

I've had a busy couple of days, hence the lack of writing. Beth, I will try not to miss a day :)

I was up early this morning, had Debbie and my mom over for breakfast - and for them, some much needed coffee. I am not a coffee drinker - never have been. Breakfast was super easy, and super tasty. I got some whole wheat breakfast pitas at Costco - they are delicious - and the cafe by my office makes a delicious breakfast pita with them, so I stole the idea. 

Breakfast Pita Sims Style (this recipe was enough to make 4)
4 breakfast pitas
2 small white potatoes
1 tomato
1/2 green pepper
Chives
Dried oregano
Shredded cheese
6 eggs

Slice the potatoes into really thin strips - thin so that they don't take too long to cook. In your skillet saute your potatoes in a little bit of butter. Season with Kosher and pepper. When the potatoes are cooked and slightly brown, add your tomato and green pepper - that you have chopped into small pieces - saute - and add your dried oregano - 1 tbsp and your chives. Saute for 5 minutes. In a bowl whisk your eggs, I always add a small bit of milk - pour the eggs over the vegetables and stir continuously. When your eggs are nice and scrambled, add your cheese, turn off the element and mix it all together. 

Carefully cut open the tops of the pitas - and add the egg mixture. Place them on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 oven for 5 minutes. Serve them with salsa, and you have a lovely breakfast to start your day off.

For today:
I am having Debbie and the boys and my mom for dinner. I have went out and bought them a few things - so that I can spoil them - I will tell you later, just in case my mom reads this before she comes over. 

On the menu:
Appetizers - courtesy of Safeway - seriously, you have to try these - they are so good and easy and on sale today. They are all bite size - empanadas, pots of gold (spinach and cheese) and vegetarian crowns (roasted veggies). And for Callum - prawns.
Main course - breaded chicken Auntie Barb's style, risotto with mushrooms and peas, and a roasted beet and carrot salad with goat cheese and walnuts.
Dessert - coconut lime cake with lime frosting

I will post the recipes and pictures tomorrow.

I have been a little sad today. I am not feeling sorry for myself - just sad. Tomorrow is one more Mother's Day that I am not a mother. Each year for probably the past 3, I have said 'next year, I will be a mom' and it just hasn't happened. I know that I have a wonderful life, and I wouldn't want things to be different, but I know that I want to be a mom so badly, and I just wish that it will happen. I know that everything happens for a reason, and maybe my path, my destiny, is not to be a mom, but I am just not willing to accept that yet. I know that Chris would be a wonderful dad to our child, and that we would have so much love to give, and I am sad that we haven't been able to experience that yet. 

I know that I sound a little depressed, and really I'm not, I am just wishing that this thing that we don't have control of, well I wish that we did. I don't want to have to answer people when they say 'are you trying?' or 'are you doing it lots', and I know those that do don't mean anything badly by it, I just wish that it would happen easy for us like it has for so many others. 

I am fortunate to have so many lovely little ones in my life, and to be a part of so many of their lives, and I know that I am blessed - but if there is a Fertility God listening to my sobbing, or is reading this blog (whatever, it could be possible :0) - I'm sure you get the drift.  

So as I go on with my day - clean my house, run some errands for the Bash for Jack party, prepare dinner, I will keep positive thoughts and imagine that next year will be different.

To all of my favourite mothers out there, I hope that you enjoy the weekend with your lovely babes, and let them spoil you.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: