Monday, May 18, 2009

Tonight's episode:YO YO YO.

Chris is the lead character in our evening's episode that he is calling: YO YO YO. Ok, let me clarify - we're not freaks acting out a play in our spare time. But this afternoon, when he was flicking through the channels he saw the start of an interview on Much Music with Eminen - not M&M. So after that - getting ready for our walk in the May downpour, during the walk and after our walk he said 'YO YO YO' - over and over. Not sure if he is trying to pretend that he is a gangsta rapper (his pants are low enough in the back - aka droopy drawers) or if he is trying to annoy me - probably a bit of both. 
Now picture him saying 'YO YO YO!'

Good thing, is that he is home on a Monday night for a change. This happens a couple of times a year and I love it when it does. Although he puts a bit of a wrench in my 'routine' - I can't complain. Oh crap - I did - but I didn't mean to. I love his company so.

Last night, Jules took us all to Smokin' Bones Cookshack - so good. Such a nice treat. They do a sauteed cabbage side dish - that I love. I have been there once before, and had the cabbage then - and have tried to duplicate the recipe - I think that I have it - so will for sure post some time soon. I have cabbage in the fridge so, it will be soon.

Tonight's dinner is meatloaf, spanish rice, stir fry zucchini and peppers and roasted tomatoes. I am not going to post - unless someone wants one of those recipes. I will be posting my mom's banana bread recipe though. I have a bunch of bananas in the freezer - so they are defrosting and I will make it. Did you know that you can put very ripe bananas in the freezer and use them for muffins and breads at a later date? Now you do.

Jules' Banana Bread
1 1/2 c. flour                                       3/4 c. oil
1 tsp. B.Powder                                 1 c. white sugar
1 tsp. B. soda                                     2 eggs
1/4 tsp. salt                                        1 c. bananas or pumpkin
1 tsp. cinnamon                                 1/2 c. raisins

Bake at 350 deg. for 55 - 60 minutes
Mix all dry ingredients together (except sugar). Beat your eggs add sugar. Then add oil, and raisins or walnuts. Chocolate chips are also a fun treat. 
You can 1 11/2 times it or double it.
Enjoy!!!
That's it for me for tonight. I have zoned out - and am ready to embrace it all. The week is about to start and it's going to be what we make it. So make it good. Make it count.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm going to try that banana bread recipe this afternoon.

YO, YO YO...mama!!
:)