Wednesday, July 8, 2009

AWOL

I have been AWOL - well maybe not - but after tomorrow I will be. AWOL heading up to Summerland - land of Summer - in a Mitchell style convoy to a weekend getaway to celebrate with the family. This is the 2nd annual get together that we have had - in memory of our Grandma Mitchell that we all miss so much. She will be watching, ensuring that we all arrive at my brother and sister-in-law's house safely - and then will sit back with my dad and granddad and watch the festivities. Chris and I are so excited. I am so fortunate to have wonderful relationships with my extended family - and we all have so much fun when we're together.

I have been super busy - hence, the lack of writing. I just got home from getting my hair done. The stripes on the top of my head, aka roots, were getting to be a bit much. 

Connor's birthday on Monday was great. He is such an amazing young man - I just love him so. I seriously can't believe that 15 years have past since he was born. 15 years!! I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. My sister and brother in law didn't have a car, so they called me at 7 AM when Debbie was in labour - and I drove Grandma M's Chevy Impala - aka silver bullet - to their house in probably under a minute.  I dropped them off at the Emergency Door and quickly parked the car, and then went running in to find them (the Kitimat Hospital, is small) - went running in and said to the nurse - where do they go to have babies? - she was like 'um, the Maternity Ward - floor 3'. Awkward. I got to stay in the room with them until Debbie had to go in and have a C section. I sat outside the emergency room - bawling. Nick came out and yelled 'I have a boy!!!'. And then as Nick went in to be with Deb, I got to go with the nurse, and I was the first to hold this little bundle. I imagine that having one of my own will be a similar feeling - the instant love is overwhelming.

I get goosebumps thinking of July 6, 1996. I am so blessed to have such a close relationship with him and his brother - and I love spending time with them.


I brought a Pinata filled with goodies - Jules tried it out - oh my it's on video and it's funny. 


In addition to doing a bunch of stuff - I am also somewhat addicted to the Tour de France. Don't ask. Love Armstrong. Trying not to watch too much of it, but I love the landscape so much and since the weather hasn't been 'friendly' it's been a good excuse to catch minutes of it here and there. My only problem is, is that I am watching it before work in the morning. Yes, you got it - I seem to be running late.



Ok friends. I will write when I return. Our little Ogre will have a roommate for the weekend, I hope that he is good to them.

Have a great weekend - get out and enjoy the sun and treat yourself to some kind of R&R - whatever it may be.

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Have a safe trip!!
Your nephews are beautiful young men! They are certainly lucky to have an aunt that loves them as much as you do!!