Monday, July 20, 2009

Hello Blueberries.



The first crop. I think that there are 3 in total. I can only imagine what they will be like next year. Oh I so hope that they make it through the winter. I bought, and then my mom picked me up, huge containers of blueberries - in Ladner. They are absolutely delicious. Seeing the rows and rows of them on the different farms as we drove through the different areas, and their radiant bright blue was beautiful. 


PS - the muffins from yesterday turned out really well. They were very moist - I think that it was the honey.

Short and sweet tonight.  Dinner was pasta with peppers, tomatoes and spinach and chicken that we grilled last night. I love it when I think about dinners in advance. I accidentally bought some organic pasta instead of whole wheat - still tasty - but I do like the whole wheat.

Summer Linguini 
                                                                        
Linguini - I like to break it in half and boil it that way 
2 chicken breasts - we had bone in breasts - I just removed from the bone and chopped up
1 red, green and yellow pepper - chopped
1 onion - chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic - minced
1 bunch of spinach
10 cherry tomatoes - halved
1 lemon
Verde vinaigrette seasoning - or dried oregano would be lovely too
1 cup of crumbled feta

Boil pasta. While pasta is boiling saute onion in olive oil and a pinch of kosher. When onion is translucent add garlic. Then add peppers and saute. Then add the chicken and spinach. Once spinach is added, squeeze the lemon and let the veggies soak it all up. Add cherry tomatoes and additional seasoning. Once the pasta is el dente, take about a cup of the boiled water and pour it over the vegetables. Drain pasta, but don't rinse. Add feta to the vegetables and chicken and stir it all together. A couple of scoops of a time add the pasta to the sauce. Mix thoroughly so that it is all coated and continue to add the rest of the pasta. 

And that's it. Light and refreshing - and so deelish.

Chris rated this a 4!

Ok - running off to spend some time with Christoff. 

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: