Friday, July 3, 2009

TGIF!

TGIF my friends. It couldn't come at a better time. I'm really happy it's here. I am just home from an offsite day at Camp Barnard - we do this every year on July 4th (but we did it today b/c tomorrow is the 4th) - we try and find a fun event to do as a team. This is our 2nd year out there, and although it is fun - it's a lot of work too - but for an excellent cause. Today my group from start to finish - poured a 4x5 concrete slab - it was a bit of work - hard work actually - mostly b/c it was really hot. After the work, we went to the 17 mile pub for a dinner and drinks and some horseshoes and volleyball. All in all a great day - but I am very happy to be home.

We don't have much planned for the weekend - just the way we like it. I need to do a little shopping, so that I have treats to bring with me to Summerland next weekend - and then a lot of R&R. Chris is on board with this too - so it's going to be nice and easy.

We had Jules over for dins last night. Miles and Jessica were supposed to be here, but they didn't show. Hm. I rarely have dinner guests through the week b/c it's too much with rushing home from work at 5 - and then they didn't show. They are dead to me. Well not really - but it sounds effective.

Anyways, I made a new favourite dish. Chicken kabobs - marinated in yogurt and lemon. They were so moist and so flavourful. Deelish.

Chicken Kabobs with Yogurt Marinade

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into kabob size pieces
1 cup of plain yogurt
Juice of one lemon
1 tbsp of lemon zest
3-4 cloves of garlic minced
Dried oregano

Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and add the chicken. Let marinade for a minimum of 3 hours - I let them sit all day.  Place 5-6 chicken piece on each skewer. Make sure that your skewers have soaked in water for at least 30 minutes. 


Grill the kabobs on medium heat for at 8-10 minutes per side. The marinade makes it look as though they are not cooked - but trust me they really are - and are delightful. Give them a try - seriously - so good.

I also did a greek salad and roasted carrots. Simple. I also did the pizzas again - addicted.



Ok friends - I have to prep to lounge out and spend some time with my love. Love the weekend and it will love you.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: