Saturday, August 29, 2009

So... what do you think? I am trying to switch it up a bit. Trying... The site that hosts the blog is limited as to what you can do - but I think that there are other ways to spruce it up, I'm just not sure how to quite yet. I'm working on it - it's a work in progress. I really like the white - I think that it's crisp and fresh - so hopefully I will be able to make it work.

I came home from work last night and Chris had made a great dinner. He is a really good cook - he doesn't cook often - but when he does it, it's a treat. He did everything on the barbeque - so I was really impressed.

On the menu:
Grilled pork tenderloin
Mashed potatoes 
Roasted carrots and broccoli
Roasted garlic and onions 
Grilled mushrooms


He used olive oil, kosher salt and pepper for everything - and that's it. 

Chris' Potatoes
For the potatoes (this is where I was most impressed) - he added new white potatoes, a whole clove of garlic and a whole onion to a cooking pan, added a light drizzle of olive oil and some kosh and pepp. He then added a bit of water and kept it on the grill for about 20 minutes. When everything was cooked, he placed it all in a pot and mashed it all together. They turned out so good!!!

I rated his dinner a 5!!  I can't wait to try the potatoes that way.

Today was a pretty low key day. At one point, I actually felt a little bored - and then I remembered that I was relaxing - and that I should not confuse that with boredom. Chris and I went out for a burger and then decided to check out computer chairs. We have had the same computer chair for 7+ years. And it's not a computer chair - it's a $20 fold up chair from Costco. So bad. Not comfortable at all. We found one - it's a nice chocolate brown leather - very comfortable, good support and it was on sale!

I raided Back Yard Barb's garden today. Well, I didn't raid it - she invited me to climb the fence and help her pick some goodies. She is growing too much for herself - and is always offering us treats. I brought home Walla Walla onions, carrots, yellow zucchini, field cucumbers and green beans. I get really excited knowing that the produce is fresh - I knew who grew it and how it was grown. 


I have quite a few new recipes that I am excited about trying out. I will let you know how they turn out. 

That's it for me - happy that there is still one full day without work.

Enjoy!


No comments: