Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Whoa mama.

Just a quick post. My mind, body, spirit aren't in it too much right now. I just had one of those days. You know the kind.; start out golden, and then something happens that just changes it. Tomorrow is a new day.

I made a quick dinner tonight - I should have taken a pic, but I forgot. I didn't realize how green beans can make a plate look so lovely. Green beans fresh from Behind Yard Barb's garden - she is so generous.

For dinner tonight - I had a pack of ground chicken. I added a few spices, 2 tbsp of ketchup and made a small meatloaf - baked it for about 50 mins. I had some new white potatoes that I needed to do something with - so I made mashed potatoes. I didn't peel them, just cut them in quarters and let them boil. I mashed them with a little melted unsalted butter, added some roasted garlic and a bit of skim milk - they were delicious. For the sides, I sauteed the green beans in a bit of olive oil and a dash of kosher - they were very tasty. And then some cherry tomatoes from the vines - just put in a pan and baked along side the meatloaf for 20 mins. They were so sweet. 

I have been thinking about my cooking saga - and how I can do what I love. I have an idea that I am very, very excited about. After talking with my Aunt Babs, cousin Margo, Tracy and Chris, I am getting even more excited.  I will fill you in shortly - I still have some sorting that I need to do.

My mom just called to say that her Uncle had just passed away. It was my great Uncle Hedley. So very sad. It's always sad to hear of someone passing. My heart goes out to his children and grandchildren. He was a wonderful man with a great spirit and I am so blessed to have known him.

Alright that's it for me. I am waiting for Chris to come home - he will be a sight for sore eyes. (I hope that's a compliment) :)

Hump day tomorrow - enjoy it.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: