Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sweet, sweet Sunday


Oh what a week it has been. I often look forward to my Sunday mornings - especially in the Fall. Although Chris isn't home, and we only get one morning together a week, it's a treat to get up, have a cup of tea, take my time to get going, plan the day and be lazy. Forever, Sunday's have been my easy day - for years I have always used Saturday as my 'go go' day - Chris has helped me relax a bit on those days - but I still have the tendency to run out and get things done. 

This fine Sunday is off to a slow start. I have a load of laundry in the washer, a cup of tea in hand, a pork shoulder simmering on the stove (hopefully I can figure out how to make empanadas for tonight's dinner), a dog walk planned and an afternoon baseball game to watch.

It was a busy week around here. It was Chris' birthday this past week. I had a little party for him on Friday with family and friends - I did a couple of lasagnas, caesar salad, tomato feta salad, garlic bread and for appetizers - goat cheese with pesto and a new white bean with rosemary dip - thanks to Ange's idea. 

For Chris' birthday dinner I made his favourite chicken pot pie, and a key lime pie. I am not a baker - but the pie turned out really well - bitter, but good. It's been a week of cooking.

I am very excited about what I got Chris for his birthday. I got him tickets to the Seattle Seahawks vs. Dallas Cowboys game - in DALLAS!!!!! Wahooo! So excited. Chris was so excited too. I got him a couple of little things - big chocolate bar, the Slap Chop and a framed picture of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders - I think that he was happy with that - but was more happy when I gave him the card with his surprise. It's going to be so much fun. If anyone has been there - I'd love to hear from you.

Alrighty - I am off for a walk - I will post some recipes later on. I have some great ones that I am looking forward to sharing.

Off to enjoy the sun.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Have a great Sunday.
Sounds like a fun birthday present! Your a better woman than me, I'd never give Scott framed pic of cheerleaders...LOL

C. Mitchell said...

haha! I told him that he wasn't allowed to keep it. I let him put it up for his party on Friday night - but it's going back to my gf who I borrowed it from. I don't want to waste a good frame :)