Dear October, I heart you.
I heart the newness of October. The defining of fall - the crisp mornings and the cool evenings. Leaves turning fire red and orange and golden yellow. Squash, pumpkins, tomatoes - such treats to cook with. Bring it all on - I am prepared for a lovely autumn - oh how I love thee. I plan on having one big Octoberfest around these parts!
So, since I last posted, things have been busy. Real busy. I have...
- went to Pearl Jam - BEST CONCERT.
- I fell in love with Eddie Vedder - all over again.
- I cooked stuffed pork tenderloin, barley risotto and roasted baby carrots, beets and tiny brussels sprouts for friends
- I attended a coalition meeting against the needle exchange they are wanting to locate on the same street as the Kung Fu studio - read more HERE
- I was on the news - as Chek 6 was at the meeting - you probably wouldn't have really seen me, unless you looked really hard at the far top left of the screen. I looked a little like I was undercover b/c I was wearing a new hat
- I used a 20% off coupon at Ricki's and bought two new hats and a new turtle neck
- I tried on a skirt that I bought last year that did not fit - but I bought it any way - b/c I loved it. I couldn't get it done up - and I tried it on on Sunday and it fits perfectly!!! Hello. What happened??? How did that happen?
- I made a delicious stirfry with rice noodles
- I made homemade butternut squash soup with sourdough croutons and cauliflower fritters
- I learned that a breeder that I contacted in the summer of 2008 has two 3 month old Bearded Border Collies - oh god - please give me strength to not bring one home. They are adorable. I thought that Chris would be very upset that I even mentioned it - and that would keep the situation in check - however, he is doing the opposite.
I will post some of my recipes - I am excited to share them.
I hope you're all well. I will not be a stranger again - I plan to have my evenings more free.