Wednesday, October 21, 2009

PM Sing

That's what I am calling my PMS this time round. Man - I don't want to go into details - but whoa - I am super-hyper-crazy-freakishly-sensitive right now. WHOA! Don't get me wrong, this is not the first time for this, but not sure what is up with this month. I just cried at a tv ad for a cell phone company and the 5 minutes of Dog the Bounty Hunter that I watched; snapped at the pups for being under my feet while trying to make dinner - even though they're there every night; no patience; and I want to eat chocolate. CHOCOLATE!!!

What is it with chocolate? I love it. LOVE IT. I seriously could live off the stuff. I like to think that my addiction to any sort of chocolaty goodness comes naturally for me. My grandmother loved chocolate - pretty much all kinds. She always had sweets in the house. My dad was also a huge chocolate lover. I have such fond memories of him bringing chocolate bars home, putting them in the freezer, and breaking off little pieces for us to enjoy throughout a show we were watching or a game we were playing. I still can remember it - picture it in my head as if it were yesterday. I think that he used to pick up the sweets - Jersey Milk or 3 Muskateers - on his way home from work - and us kids would be in our PJ's and we would all be nestled in on the couch - he would get up during the commercials and bring us a little piece. I think even back then I was probably wishing he would just bring the entire thing out. 

I think that I need a section for this blog titled 'Confessions of a Chocoholic'. My first entry would be about how I can't stop eating the damn mini chocolate bars that I bought for Halloween. Anyone see anything wrong with that? Anyone? How about the fact that WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE HERE FOR HALLOWEEN!!! My reason for buying them was that I was going to put them in my candy jar for Thanksgiving and we could pick at them. But, I decided against that and put them in the cupboards downstairs - out of sight out of mind. Then I decided that I bought them for David to give out to the trick or treaters if he wants to since (I think) he's staying here. Hm, so now what is David going to be handing out to the kids? Canned tomatoes? Rice cakes? God. David, if you're reading - I will by more treats for you - I promise. And I won't eat them. 

Ok, move along, nothing to see here (except candy wrappers)

Thank you Jenny for the great Halloween costume ideas. I think that I may go with Princess Leia - I think that I may be pull it off. I have a white 'thing' that I tried to use last year for a Ghost Bride costume - remember how I ended going as a witch... uh huh. I can probably do the hair too. Jules - warm up the sewing machine - I may be coming over.

I thought that I would share a recipe with chocolate in it tonight. These will definitely satisfy a chocolate craving. I made these a couple of weeks ago, on a cold and blistering Friday night. They were a real treat to have with a cup of tea and a movie (yes, Chris and I have crazy weekends around here sometimes).

This is my sister's recipe - which may be my mom's - not sure - they are the best bakers. 


Debbie's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter - softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt 
3/4 cup chocolate chips 

Pre-heat oven to 375.

Cream butter and sugars together. Add peanut butter (more if you like it to be real peanut buttery) and mix it all together.
Add all of the dry ingredients and mix all together. Mix in the chocolate chips - try not to eat too many.
Roll the dough into small bowls, and then press them down with a fork. 
Bake for 10-12 minutes. 

And they're ready. Enjoy.

Dinner tonight was an old and easy favourite. Pasta sauce sans the pasta. It was loaded with every vegetable that I had in the house - peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, spinach.  I think that I have posted this before - but I can't find it anywhere. It is basically, sauteed onion, add the ground chicken, then peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, canned tomatoes, seasonings, spinach - simmer - serve it up with naan bread. Super easy, super delicious.

Alrighty then - off to do a little Princess Leia research.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I can't wait to see how your costume turned out...it is strange,but I've always wanted to dress up as princess Leia...total geek..hehe.
I'm going to try those cookies...looks awesome.
Hope you're well. I don't do well with the pm sing these days. I'm way too emo.