Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Minutes.

You know, I have been having one of those days today where I have been really thinking of the people that I just feel 'out of touch' with and beating myself up for not being good at keeping in touch. Thinking about how life is too short sometimes so it's important to seize the moment - eat chocolate, eat baked brie, run with scissors, sleep in until noon if you want to - and something in me must have known that I was thinking this way for a reason.

I was wanting to talk about my party - I hope that the hype isn't gone (it was a great one), and I wanted to talk about taking minutes, just minutes to say 'hello' to someone you haven't seen or talked to in a long time - and then I just got a phone call - so I will be cutting it short tonight.

My girl friend, a very close friend, my University roommate, a good friend who helped me get through a lot of hard times and good times - just called to say that her dad passed away very suddenly.  I am in shock as I write this - missing her, missing him, and feeling oh so devastated and heart broken for her and her family's loss. I know what it is like to lose a parent. I know what it is like to lose a parent around Christmas - and although it doesn't take away from one who has lost someone at any time of the year - it is sad - b/c traditions will be different, and memories will always come back at that time of the year.

I am thinking of her and sending thoughts and hope that they will stick together as a family to support one another which I know that they will do, and that they will lean on those that want to be leaned on.

Loves.

C.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please give my condolences to your friend. I'm glad she has you, because I know you're a loving and wonderful friend.

Jenny said...

Oh you made me cry...again....
I'm feeling the loss. You are so right about seizing the moments. How many times do we wait for tomorrow? We aren't guaranteed a tomorrow.
When I told my mom about J's dad dying she said, "that's awful...right at Christmas." It's so true. It doesn't take away from the pain I had when my dad died on a July day, but Christmases will be forever marred by grief and recovery.
I'm feeling for your pain and for J's pain. Wish I could give you a huge hug friend.
With love