Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blog letter.

Dear Jeanie,

Hello my friend, how are you? Hope everything is well in Merv.

Here is a little recipe that I would like for you to try and then tell me how it tastes. It is super easy - doesn't seem that it would be too fattening and I think that it will be delicious. I found it in my Food Network Magazine - which by the way my 'Assistant' Stephanie won for responding to the last Giveaway - and I am eager to give it a try for our upcoming Super Bowl party. 

Jeanie's Slow Cooker Spinach Dip (I am calling it Jeanie's)

1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of shredded parmesan 
8 ounce of cream cheese - I think that I will make it I will use the 'light' brand
1 garlic clove - minced
1 box of thawed frozen spinach - chopped
1 jar/can of artichoke hearts - chopped
Kosher and pepper

Add everything to a slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 2 hours. And that's it!!!
I liked this recipe when I saw it b/c it doesn't have mayonnaise which many of them have. I think that if one didn't like artichokes that they could add chopped water chestnuts. 

I hope you enjoy it - please let me know - and when I come for a visit we can make a pot and dig in deep. 

Miss you lots.

Loves, 

C.

PS. Magnum has very bad gas tonight.

No comments: