Thursday, January 7, 2010

C. Mitchell Presents - is one.

Happy Anniversary (to me).

Today, January 7th, marks the 1st anniversary of C. Mitchell Presents - Dinner. 1 whole year. 1 whole year!!! I am not sure how many posts were actually done, but I think that I would have to say that it is in the 300's somewhere. I didn't really miss too many days.

As I am writing this - I am a little shocked. I feel that this is the first thing, besides relationships, work, my pups - that I have done for me - that I have followed through on - stuck with - in a very long time. I am kind of proud of myself - I gotta tell ya. Hoorah! I know for some people, they may just think of this as a blog - a place to rant/vent/confess - but for me, I have decided (I think that I did a long time ago) that this will be more than just that. I feel that this little, this wee baby (said in a Scottish accent) of a blog, will follow me for many more years. I hope. Cross that out. I know, that this is just the start of something bigger and better. Not quite sure how that is going to look, but it will grow, blossom, mature, expand, all while being joyous, supportive, full of great cooking ideas and allowing me to express my deepest darkests while wearing an apron.

I think that from having this blog, that I have learned a couple of things. I have learned to be a better cook. I have learned to measure ingredients for recipes. I have learned that I absolutely LOVE: kosher salt, blueberries, chocolate, ground chicken, turkey and pork, mashed cauliflower and so many more wonderful ingredients. I have learned to remember recipes. I get excited when I try a new recipe that I can't wait to share. I know that I love hearing from people that read my blog - it inspires me. I have also learned to share my feelings, some of my personal life, my family, my dreams - not just my recipes - has been like this amazing therapy session with myself. It's very therapeutic to share your feelings on paper (or a laptop) - even if no one reads it, getting your thoughts out - is a blessing.

I just read my first blog from January 7th, 2009. It was titled: Raining = Comfort Food. Check it out HERE. I found it a little freaky (for lack of a better word) that I made a very similar dish that same night that I made last night. I had no idea. We had the leftovers tonight. I also love the title - it is something that I would still write now. And - ironically enough - it's raining right now. Pouring. 

So on this anniversary - I have a little treat that I would like to give out. I have a small Epicurean cutting board - I have one - a little larger and I LOVE it. I use it all the time. It's so durable and it can go in the dishwasher. I don't have a picture of it - but you can visit their products here

Don't worry - I won't make you jump through hoops of fire to have a chance to win this - but I would like to hear from you. Tell me something - anything. Post a comment or send me an email. I will have runner up prizes too - but those are a secret.

Well friends - I am going to go and celebrate* this one year anniversary. Thank you to everyone who inspired, encouraged me along the way. It means the world to me that so many of my family and friends have this faith in me - hopefully that is starting to spread to me - have faith C. Mitchell - have faith.

I love you all. 

Loves.

Enjoy!

*Celebrate = hit the hay - it's been a very long week.

3 comments:

Bethy said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Cheryl!! It's a great blog, a great start, and I bet a great feeling. I'm proud of you.

And for my "thing to tell you" - make sure you don't put too much salsa in the recipe I gave you for the quiche squares! I did last night, and they stayed too wet. Bah, humbug.

Steph said...

Congratulations on year 1, Cheryl!!

I feel very honoured to have been directed to your blog part way through the year.

Thanks for all your great recipes and food chats.

I am excited for year 2!

Steph

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic friend!!!!! I love your blog, it has given me a whole new perspective on cooking. Great milestone and congratulations!!! If you ever need a recipe for naked spaghetti with Parmesan cheese...Jonathon will pass his along to you :). Big hugs, Tracy