Sunday, January 17, 2010

Easy biscuits.

And it's over. Another weekend has come and go so quickly. I really wish that we were on the system where we worked 2 days and had 5 off. I think that I might be on to something...

Great day - great night. We had dinner at friends tonight - Christopher, Claire and their son Liam. They are amazing - they have a huge garden and try to grow enough vegetables that get them through the winter months. Her 'cellar' still had squash in it! Then she has canned a great deal of goodies. Everything we ate pretty much tonight, with the exception of nut loaf and the chicken (which was local) was grown in their garden. Soooo delicious!!! 

Funny story from the night - Chris was telling a story about when he had to do security at a school over Christmas when he first lived in Victoria. NO!!! That is not the story - Chris being a Security Officer - but it does make for a good story - let me tell you. Ok, so Chris was telling a story about the pool table, and Liam (6) says 'Was it sexy?', and Chris says 'uh, no, what does that mean'. So Liam proceeds to say - 'Sexy is when people have a lot of sex. And sex is when pretty girls are on posters'. I just about wet them. It was so funny!!! His mom and I were laughing so hard - and when she asked how he knew that he said 'Dad told me' - so it made the story even funnier. Kids are so cute!

They have a lovely dog - I kind of wanted to bring him home with me. She showed me this clip that she posted on YouTube - you should check it out - it's very cute. See it HERE

I had another tin of those breadsticks leftover - so I tried something new. Since I didn't cook tonight - I thought I would share this little delight with you. It's easy - good to serve with soup - and nice to have on hand.


Instead of cutting the dough into pieces and then rolling them out - you just need to cut them - and you are half way done. Cut them, lay them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and add some dried oregano. Bake for 18 minutes at 350 - and enjoy.

I hope that you all have a great week. Treat yourself - to whatever you like as a treat. Treating yourself is healthy. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that we are number one.

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Scott works 3, gets 2 off then works 2 and then gets 3 off....mind you, they are 12 hour shifts...:)