Monday, February 15, 2010

Can you guess what the news is???

Well. This news that I am about to share is very exciting. I am excited to share this with all of you. I am pretty sure that most of you know already - so this may not be as exciting for you. I am excited to document this - as one day I will look back on this day - and have loving memories.

Are you ready?

I am ENGAGED!!!! I am using caps on Engaged so that you get my excitement. 

It happened on Saturday. Chris and I went for a dog walk - we took a turn that we don't normally take. We stood there - watched Magnum run to chase the ducks - when I looked to my right Chris was not at my side - I turned around and he was on one knee with a box and the most beautiful diamond ring that I have ever seen.

Chris and I have been together for 10 and a half years. And although I didn't think that being engaged would be different - for some reason it feels like it is. I can't explain it. Don't even really want to. But I just am so in love - and love that we can now plan a wedding. I already knew that I would spend my life with him - but this just makes it a bit more official or something. 

I am excited about planning a wedding. I have thought about my wedding for a couple of years - what I would like and what I don't. As a young person, I always dreamed of my dad walking me down the aisle - the bagpipes blaring - and a good ol' Willie Nelson or The Irish Rovers song so that we could dance together. I know that he will be there in spirit - and I know that so much time has passed since he passed - but it still makes me so sad to think that I was cheated, we all have been, of him not being there.

But let's get back to the fun stuff. I AM ENGAGED. I have a Fiance! 

I have a lovely recipe to share - but won't be doing that tonight. I have to spend a few moments on my Royal Canadian and heat up dinner for my fiance. Sorry - I will stop referring to him as that.

But I do want you to see this picture of him. It was taken just after he proposed. I was holding the camera - and on our first try I only got half of my face in - but I cropped the picture - and I love this. This is my fiance. He is oh so handsome - and I am feeling like a very lucky and blessed lady.


Loves.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

You are a beautiful couple! I'm so happy for you. I want to see pictures of the ring!
Can't wait to read details of your wedding.....congratulations...you deserve all the happiness!
When my sister got married on the way to the wedding her husband heard my dad's fave song playing on the radio. I told everyone in my speech to them that the song playing was my dad's blessing on the marriage...he was there.
I know your dad will be there for you...whether it is a beautiful rainbow smiling down on your wedding day, a butterfly chasing you down the aisle or a visit from him in your dreams, you will receive his blessing...
hugs my friend