Thursday, February 11, 2010

Don't forget to remember.

I remember this girl all the time - oh she liked the ice cream. 

Remembering...

That is my new goal to set for myself. I don't have a problem with remembering things like - I love chocolate; my favourite whole wheat biscuit recipe; Chris' birthday; the day my dad passed; to unplug my flat iron before work, etc. It's stuff that is just inherent, and that doing these things is just the way that it is. 

What I don't remember is not to be hard on myself. I am struggling friends - but it is going to get easier. I have decided that when I have a negative thought, that I am going to remember to change it and make it positive. We had a great inspirational speaker tonight at running clinic - a guy that 4 years ago started a running clinic - and he has now lost over 100 pounds and is training for the next Boston Marathon. Can you even imagine? I don't want to do the Boston Marathon, I would like to go Boston - but not to do the Marathon - but I do want to run, feel good and not be so hard on myself.

Tonight's run started out hard. I ran 2 minutes with a 2 minute walk. The first two were so hard. I struggled. I had to talk myself out of stopping and walking. It was really hard. I know that I can do it - but I tell myself things like - 'you're tired,  you should just walk. So what if you walk - it will only be 1 less minute of running'. I have to stop that. Once I passed those first 2, I was running without any struggles. Just running. And before I know it we had ran 8 sets with only 1 more to go. And one of those 8 was up a very steep hill.

I have struggled this before - and will continue - I just want to figure out a way to turn it around. Thanks for listening - it's my life - and things will get easier.

Ok - enough about me and my running saga. 

I made these little morsels for Super Bowl Sunday. I saw the recipe online - but the cups were filled with ground meat - and I needed to introduce some veggies to the group.


Roasted Vegetable in Wonton Cups

Pre-heat the oven to 375. Place a single wonton wrapper (you can find these in the produce section of any grocery store - check the expiry date before you buy) in a muffin cup. That's pretty much the recipe - can you imagine. Bake for 10-12 minutes. You can remove them as soon as you bring them out of the oven so that you can let the cool off and make more.

Roasted Vegetables
2 red peppers - chopped into tiny morsels
2 orange peppers - chopped like above
2 yellow peppers - like above
1 onion - chopped into small pieces
1 zucchini - chopped into tiny morsels
2-3 cups of button mushrooms - chopped into quarters
3-4 cloves of garlic - thinly minced
Grape tomatoes - 2 cups
Kosher salt - ground pepper
Small drizzle of olive oil

In a baking dish place all of the vegetables.  Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper and a tiny drizzle of olive oil. Bake in a 400 oven for an hour. The vegetables will caramelize and be so deliciously sweet. Let the vegetables cool slightly and then fill the wonton cups. I think they are so beautiful and very tasty.

I want to try this again - b/c I need to figure out how to give the wonton wrappers a bit more flavour. I think that brushing them with some garlic infused olive oil would be delicious. Any suggestions?

Alright friends - thanks for letting me vent and letting me share my life stories, struggles and love of food with you. You are all AWESOME!!

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look awesome!!!!