Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday - waiting for Friday.

Before I share my recipe for today - I had the weirdest thing happen today. I was at work - working hard - and all of a sudden I realized that I had just thought 'I should give my dad a call'. What is that all about I wonder? It was the strangest feeling. I have never thought that before. He is always on my mind - but this thought today was a really natural feeling - like it was meant to be - like it was my daily call for him. I just think that something is going on - something made me think that. I miss him - I guess I just want to talk to him. 

I was moved 'some' of my cookbooks to our new hutch yesterday. They were in a little nook in our kitchen cupboards - like a little cubby hole - anyways - I went through some of the cookbooks and magazines - and tried to organize them. I have another huge box of cookbooks in our shed - and they need to come inside - I just haven't had a place to put them before. I miss them - I am very excited to go through them. 

I found a recipe for sweet potato fries - so I thought that I would give them a try. Click HERE for the recipe. I didn't use this one exactly - I altered it slightly. I wish that the picture was available - b/c they were picture perfect. I am pretty sure following the recipe to a tee would not make them turn out as wonderful as they do in the magazine. I am pretty sure that they smother them in butter - and they aren't really as healthy as the recipe says they are.

Here is my version - very similar - I just don't have Italian salad dressings on hand.

Sweet Potato Fries

1 large sweet potato - peeled - and cut into wedges just like fries
2 tbsp of olive oil
Kosher Salt and ground pepper
1 tsp of red chili pepper flakes
1/4 cup parmesan cheese



Add the sweet potatoes, oil and spices to a bowl, get in there with your hands and mix everything fully. Place them on a lightly greased, or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in a 425 oven for 25 minutes - take out turn over - and then bake again for another 25 minutes. 5 minutes before they are done - sprinkle with parmesan cheese.


Let them cool off - and enjoy. 

Ok peeps - I hope that all is well.

Loves,

Enjoy!


No comments: