Friday, February 5, 2010

Wee Weekend you didn't come soon enough.

TGIF! It's been a great week. It's been a long week. And I am very happy that this week is over. 

I have ended this week (I know that officially it's not over until Sunday, but I like to think of Friday as the last day of the week and the weekend being it's own little entity) with a nice little dinner out with the 'phews. Callum LOVES ribs - so we took a trip to Swiss Chalet (Jocelyn said they were good) and he feasted on some ribs. I'm not going to lie - I've probably been to the Swiss Chalet 5 times before - and I like it. I know that it's not good for  you - but how bad can a piece of chicken and salad be for you - with a bit of fries? C'mon... it's Friday. 

We drove Connor to meet a buddy and Callum came home to spend the night. I am feeling a little verklempt at the moment. I love those boys! They are just so good - and I love hanging out with them. I know that I don't have children of my own, and I know that I don't know the 'love of a mother' - but I am very blessed to have a such a great relationship with them - and I never want them to grow old, but I know as they do they will become amazing men. 

Tomorrow morning - we are going to have Mini Wheats for a special breakfast (I will probably stick to my oatmeal) - please don't tell Debs - she will freak - and then we'll do a dog walk and then it's off to hockey. I have to do a bunch of grocery shopping - coffee/dog walk with Micki - and then hopefully some time for a little R&R.

I have to tell you a funny story. I have been posting a few recipes on www.foodista.com - it's a great food blog - and a friend of mine at work knows the founder of it so recommended it to me. So anyways, I have posted a couple of recipes - my last one was 'Not My Dad's Stew'. It gives other members the option to post a comment or leave feedback. Well I got my first feedback. I was excited - until I read 'your stew looks like dog food. It doesn't look appetizing at all.' !!!! Hahahah!!! OMG - who says that. I love feedback - I appreciate it and can take it - but c'mon, who says that? If he knew food he would have known that it was a good cut of beef that was used - so who would feed that to their dogs! Anyways - I wasn't offended - found it humourous. I guess I should be flattered that he found my recipe and looked at it. 

I am prepping my menu for Super Bowl Sunday. I think that we will stick to an afternoon full of appetizers. I know that I am making Spinach and Artichoke Dip (in the slowcooker), potato skins (Callum's pick), chicken wings, wonton cups with roasted vegatables, mini franks in puff pastry, veggies, and cake pops. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and post the recipes.

OK weekend fans - I hope you have a great one. 

Loves. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Your nephews are so lucky to have an auntie like you. My sister doesn't have any children and she is so amazing with my kids. The boys love her so much and I am grateful that she has such a bond with them.
Have a grand weekend.