Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just DO It!

Today, I pledge to take care of myself. This is my whole-hearted dedication. Health, lifestyle, love, family and me will be most important in my life. And I know that if I am healthy, then everything else in my life will just comfortably fall in place. 

I need to get my butt back into running. When I was running regularly, I was so excited to keep it up when I was done. I was going to do a schedule and stick to it. Then I decided to take a little break after the 10K - and haven't got back into it. I just have to get out there and do it. Just do it. Really, that is the best slogan ever. Just Do It! I can say it like - 'just do it' - no exaggeration on any of the words - and it's like do it, don't stress, just get 'er done. And then, I can say it like 'Just DO it!!!' - like what are you waiting for - get it done!!! - stop making excuses and just make it happen. Wow - who knew?

So, I know that I have talked about this before - but it's something that I have focus on - take charge - and enjoy all of it. 

A healthy life needs healthy eating. So, I will try and post the most healthy and delicious recipes - like I always try and do - and if I post treats from time to time - well just remember that everyone needs treats from time to time.

I'm not sure if you can tell - but the colour of this grapefruit is stunning.

I got this little gadget from my mom for Christmas. I heart it. It is fantastic - and gets so much juice out of lemons and limes - and grapefruit! I am not sure where she found it - but you should find one. Jules - can you share with the group? 

I am marinading some chicken for Chris to grill tomorrow - and then I think that we will have fajitas for dinner tomorrow night - done on the new panini grill. Hello new panini grill - please tell me how to clean you the most easiest way possible.


For the marinade:
Juice of one lime or Juice of one lemon - I wanted to use lime - but they weren't so juicy so had to juice the lemon
Juice of half a grapefruit
Chili flakes 
Cayenne pepper
Garlic powder
Cumin
Kosher salt
(sorry I didn't measure any of the spices - I just did dashes of each)
I placed all of the ingredients in a ziploc bag with boneless, skinless chicken breasts and am letting it marinade all night long. They should be moist and flavourful for tomorrow night. I will tell you how it turns out.

Our invitations have been picked out invitations. Thanks to my mom (I love you Jules) they are all set and ready to go. Thankfully we have a lot time to actually do them - but for some reason - having the invitations is so exciting for me - and it's making it all so real - it's happening - we're planning a wedding!! I love paper products, cards, invitations, menus, ribbons, special pens - you name it, I love it. I always have. I think that is why I am so excited. I can't wait to see everything come all together.

Alright friends - time to sit and chill with my fiance.

I hope that your Tuesday was kind to you.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: