Friday, May 7, 2010

One brow, one life.

Ok, I am going to share - if you don't like TMI then just go to the bottom of this message where I will talk about good old fashioned blueberry loaf.

I was watching a little tele the other night and the local community channel was doing a report from a close by salon where they were threading eyebrows. I have heard of this being done before, but didn't know where you could get it done. So, I did a little 'research' the next day and found the salon and booked an appointment. 

Now for the TMI. I don't pluck or wax my brows. I never have. I once had them waxed; each time the woman would pull the strip off I would practically jump out of my chair as if I wasn't expecting it. I took a close up picture of myself on the Stagette this past weekend (I had had a few bevvies and I was trying to make my friends laugh - it worked) and when I looked at the picture the next day I was a little mortified of my mono-brow. How come no one has told me?? So here is the Before.

Before.
Now. Threading may want to have it's name changed to something like 'Eyebrow death threading' or 'I would rather have a root canal than have my brows threaded'. Seriously. So bloody painful. I think that the 'art' or 'concept' is pretty amazing - but the pain - feeling each hair pulled from your brow - not so fun. I have a relatively high pain threshold but this was pretty brutal. My eyes were watering so badly. I had to keep stopping the woman so that I could catch my breath. I am not sure if I am going to do it again - we'll see how the mono grows back in.  Here is the After. Can you see the difference? 

After.
I would really appreciate it if no one writes me and says stuff like 'Hey Ms. Mono-brow'. I have shared some deepest darkests here. No one wants to admit that they have a mono.

Tomorrow is a big day. Not only is cuzzie Jean coming down for the day (can't wait to see her), but it is dress shopping day. I kind of don't know what to expect. I am excited and nervous and anxious... I hope that it goes well and that we have fun.

Here is a sweet little treat that we found to be quite delicious and it was very easy to make. I used my Banana loaf recipe and just altered it slightly. I didn't have any whole wheat flour - so I had to use unbleached - but I will try this again (and would have tomorrow morning for cuzzie to have when she arrives, but someone in the house (not Magnum or Jozie) ate the apple sauce) with the whole wheat flour.

Blueberry loaf

2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of sugar
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

Pre-heat oven to 350. In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients. In a small bowl mix together the applesauce and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add the walnuts and blueberries - stir together gently. 

In a lightly greased loaf pan - pour in the batter - and bake in the 350 oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the pan, let it rest for a couple of minutes - and enjoy!

Chris rated this a 5!

Alright folks. I have to try and boost up Canuckula spirits. Our boys did not win tonight - and therefore, there is sadness all around. 

Have a great weekend.

Loves. 

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god I get it nooooooooooooooow!!! hahahah yeah I should send you a picture of my eye right now so you can post the: What can happen if you wax....

By the way, I didn't think you had a mono eyebrow..you can barely even notice anything!!!!! Did I tell you I'm addicted to your blog? PSV