Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pamcakes.




Can you hear that? I know. It's so quiet. I am missing the pitter patter of little ones feet running throughout the house. I miss the laughing the squealing, the 100 questions. I miss it all. I will see them all soon - and hopefully their parents will allow them to move with me for 1 month visits at a time. What???? Too long do you think? 

We had a great visit - and Jules had a good weekend. 

I made pancakes on Sunday morning. Chris is typically the pancake maker - but since he had to work, I called Jules for her recipe - and whipped up a batch. These pictures are not the ones that I made - these were made in the summer at the cottage - and I have been waiting for a time to share them. 

I love pancakes - and have to admit that when they are made from scratch they are much better. Not that I have anything against packages of pancake mix - I just like these a bit better. My niece calls them 'Pamcakes' which to me - is just about the cutest thing.

Sunday Morning Pancakes
 
1 1/4 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 egg 
1 1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter

In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk the egg and then add the milk and mix together. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. When the butter is melted, slowly add the butter to the egg and milk. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, combine all the ingredients together.


If you would like to add fruit - blackberries and/or blueberries are divine - I would add 2 cups and gently stir, to try to avoid breaking the berries up. 

Using a non-stick skillet over medium heat, using a soup ladle place a couple of small dollops of pancake mixture on the skillet. When the the uncooked side starts to have open holes (I'm not sure how else to explain it) - it's time to flip them over. 

And there you are - left with delicious pancakes. This recipe makes about 15 small-medium sized pancakes. 

That's it for me tonight. I needs to get me some good sleeps.

Loves. 

Enjoy!

No comments: