Sunday, May 23, 2010

Saladeelicious


I have been making this salad lately, quite a bit, and we are loving it. Chris rates it a 5+. We made this tonight with bbq'd steaks, and it was a very satisfying and delicious dinner. I really loved the organic mixed greens for this salad - it's my favourite.

This delicious salad is filled with:

Mixed greens
Cherry tomatoes - halved
Red and yellow peppers - chopped into small pieces
Walnuts
Dried cranberries
Feta

Now for the kicker - this dressing is what makes it!!

3 tbsp of good olive oil
2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar - try to find this ONE it's delicious

And that's it! Pour it in a mason jar, give it a good shake, and cover the salad. You may not want to use it all - if not - you can keep it in the fridge and use it again. I made a salad for Chris' lunch - so used the leftover for him.

I have to tell you about the Apple Cider Vinegar that I used. I LOVE this stuff. I am not sure if it can be found locally - but I know that you can get it in Summerland or in other areas of the Okanagan - it's the Okanagan Vinegar Brewery. You can also get some other great vinegars - I love the Raspberry one that you can get online HERE. You only need a small amount and it makes an incredible difference to your dressings. I feel that it enhances the flavours of the sweet and crisp vegetables that you are adding to your salad. 

I set out what I had planned to do today. I turned over the clothes - and pulled out 8 bags of clothes and other stuff from our room. 8 BAGS!!! I kid you not! I got rid of a lot of clothes, books, shoes and bags. I got rid of a lot of clothes that I have held on to for years. And decided that b/c they are too big that I need to get rid of them and not keep them 'just in case' I need them again. 

Wishing everyone a happy Victoria Day tomorrow. Let's hope the rain holds up for all the parade go'ers. 

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: