Thursday, July 29, 2010

Launching.

Some of you may have noticed the new little banner at the top of the page. If you haven't, please take a moment to look up to the top of the page, and then you will know what I am talking about. If you don't look, I worry that this post will mean very little. And I want it to mean a lot. Don't worry, I will wait for you to look. 

There, now I feel better.

When I first started my little 'C. Mitchell Presents - Dinner' blog - I planned for it to first be one giant cook book. Then, I was excited to share my recipes with friends and family. Then as it progressed it became somewhat of source of therapy - a place for me to express my feelings, my failures, my concerns, my fears, my excitement, my happiness. What I wanted to be first be a place for me to record my favourite recipes so I would stop forgetting them, has turned into so much more. I feel that I have found this outlet to not only share my love of cooking but to share stories and connect with people too.

On August 10th, I am taking C. Mitchell Presents - Dinner to a new place. To a place that it has never been before. To a place that not only I will love but you will too. I am opening 'My Shop' on OpenSky. OpenSky is an incredible site that connects suppliers who create items with people who believe and trust these items and want to sell them. Only items that I know and love will be in the store. 

Picture it like this: I talk a lot about my addictions. I am addicted to chocolate, cauliflower, quinoa, blueberries, orange juice with ice cubes, pink lady apples, cooking magazines, barley, wedding magazines, plain yogurt, and I should probably put chocolate in there again. Ok, so if I had a store based on my addictions, these would all be for sale. It would be a great store, because you could find quite a few things. Now, My Shop will also have my favourite things. I am going to refer to them as my 'favourite' things because if I refer to the things that I am 'addicted' to, you may never want to buy them in fear that I won't want to part with them. Oy. I just love the thought of you being able to shop at home, know that the person that is selling it (Me) personally recommends it, and am able to answer any questions that you have personally.

I not only love this concept, but I have already had such a wonderful experience. One of their representatives called me on Tuesday morning and chatted with me for over a half hour. A half hour! I was like 'uh, I am a small timer... I live in Victoria Canada...you probably have better things to do like go to Times Square or something'. He spent a great deal of time going over everything with me. I feel that they are just as excited by this new adventure as I am. How personal is that? 

There are endless possibilities and I am excited to share my products with all of you. If you, or anyone you know may be interested in learning more about this - you can simply click HERE. And if you know anyone who is interested in supplying items, simply click HERE

OpenSky - I think that name says it all. The sky is the limit. So many possibilities, so many opportunities, so many items... 

So stay tuned - I will keep you posted. Save your pennies.

Now before I leave you for the night - I wanted to share a short and easy (probably the easiest) recipe ever.

Red chili pepper and lime butter

2 tbsp of softened butter
1-2 tsp of chili peppers (how hot do you like it)
1 tsp fresh lime juice

Stir the softened butter with a spoon - so that it becomes creamy. Add the chili peppers and the lime. Mix all together. 

Done. 

I know. Can you believe it? 

Serve over corn on the cob and embrace yourself. This is tasty.

Loves.

Enjoy!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks uncommonly tasty :)) You'd be surprised that I can get these ingredients in my hometown in Korea. I can't wait to try it out!!
-Kelly R.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Hon, I will probably buy things jus becaue I think I will use them. Love you

Steph said...

Kelly? What the.......???

Have you been creeping on Cheryl this whole time and only posted just now?

Anyway, hi, I miss you.