Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Appetize it up.


Summer appetizers 101

I made these for my mom's Annual 'Appetizer' Party at PR (not Camp, nice try). They were very easy, fresh, delicious, light and were a big hit. I like it when food is a big hit. 

Tomato Basil and Bocconcini Skewers

Grape tomatoes
Fresh basil leaves
Bocconcini pearls - you can find these in any deli
Thin skewers

If you can find short skewers, I would use them. And if you want to use cherry tomatoes - you could use the small bocconcini cheeses instead of the pearls.

Because I am a bit 'OCD' about things matching - I evenly put the tomatoes, basil and cheese on the skewers. 

I did: cheese, tomato, cheese. tomato, basil, cheese, tomato, cheese, basil, tomato. cheese, tomato, cheese. But you can do it however you like - I just things 'even'. Season with kosher salt and pepper just before serving.

Short and sweet tonight. I have been out on the deck, enjoying the summer evening, having an ice cold Henry's and catching up with friends. 

Loves.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Gabi said...

I've been making these lately too!

But more mini. I just put half a cherry tomato and a cube of mozzarella on toothpick, wrapped in a basil leaf.

They are so refreshing!