Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy.



It's been busy around here. Real busy. And it's still not over. I love it - it's been a great week.

I had my birthday :) A great day. Friends at work spoiled me. My mom and sister had dinner for me earlier in the week and spoiled me as well. Chris took me out for a beautiful dinner at the Canoe Club. It was a nice evening - romantic and all. Low key - that's what happens when you turn 25 :)

Yesterday I had my girlfriends over for dinner. I have done this now for 3 years. Only Girls Allowed! (except for Magnum and Ogre - but they know how to behave). I spent the day preparing a 4 course meal - and I think that it turned out really well. I will be posting the recipes and pictures shortly. Tracy - was my 'photographer' for the night, and I can't wait to see how they all turned out.

It was such a lovely night - visiting with my girlfriends - sitting out on the deck enjoying summer - and having so many laughs! Thanks friends!

One of our appy's were something that I have made before - Fig and Goat Cheese Pizza with Pesto. Yum.

Fig and Goat Cheese Pizza 

4 pieces of naan bread
1 cup of fresh or prepared pesto (I used Epicures - easy and deelish)
5-6 figs - thinly sliced
3/4 cup - goat cheese

Spread the pesto over each piece of naan bread evenly. Top with the figs and then crumble goat cheese on top. Place on the grill on low heat for about 5-7 minutes - or until crust is lightly crisp and the goat cheese has melted. So easy - and really so delicious. For a little more texture - you can sprinkle pine nuts on top as well. 

The sunflowers were a beautiful bouquet from my gf, Jocelyn! Thank you Joc so much. You are always so thoughtful and generous. 

On the menu today - a wedding! Steve and Alanna are getting married!! I can't wait. It's going to be lovely. I am hoping that I will be able to try and get my do done before. Not sure why I leave this stuff to the last minute????

Anyways - I hope that you are all enjoying the weekend. Enjoying the sun (if it is out where you are).

Loves. 

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Gabi said...

It's great to hear your dinner went so well! Were you able to try out the watermelon soup?

This fig pizza looks really interesting. My fiance and his Indian friends are always going on about Indian pizza (pizza made with naan), but I haven't tried it yet. Pesto and fig seems like an interesting combination though. The pesto didn't drown out the figs?