Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Luvva Luvva Lemons

Jozie - lovin' the beach
I was trying to get them to watch the sunset - it was not very romantic for me. Thanks dogs.

I think that since summer is here - the nights are so much fuller. Take this evening for example. It is now 8:38 and I am just sitting down to the PC. I could and probably should, be doing a lot of other things. I.e, the dishes. I love summer - and I love the evenings - and I love that my 'farm' is keeping me busy. My poor plants though - this summer has not been good to them. I have 2 of 6 tomato plants that are doing amazing. The others - well let's just say that I am 'nursing' them and talking friendly to them so that they keep growing. I hear that it's just like raising kids. :)

Not too much to say today. I know! I am once again going to keep it short and sweet and share another recipe that I made at PR. I found this recipe on the PioneerWoman (who I heart) - I altered it - and fell in love with it. I think that it is similar to other pasta recipes that I have created over the years - but I wanted to try it - happy I did. Jules loved it as well.

Lemon Basil Pasta

1 box of whole wheat penne
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into 1 inch cubes
Juice of 4 lemons
4 cloves of garlic - minced
1/2 cup of butter (or less, I did)
1 1/4 cup of half and half
1 cup freshly grated parmesan 
20 whole basil leaves - chopped

In a skillet drizzle some olive oil and saute the chicken , adding the juice of one of the lemons. Cook for approximately 7 minutes, until chicken is tender. At the same time you can boil your pasta until it is al dente. You may want to reserve some of the pasta water in case you want the sauce to have a little more liquid.

In another skillet, melt the butter, add the minced garlic, the juice of the 3 lemons and the cream. Whisk to ensure that all of the goodies are mixed together. Add the cream, a pinch of kosher salt and pepper, and the basil. Stir everything together and let the cheese melt. Add the chicken the the cream sauce.  Add a couple of large spoonfuls of the pasta to the sauce and coat, and continue to add the pasta to the sauce to ensure that it is all covered in the lemony goodness. Serve along side a beautiful summer salad (like this) top with some freshly grated parmesan and knock the socks off your dinner guests.

Omg - I want to go and make this right now. But I can't. I have already had dinner which I will share with you very soon - and I am trying to be ladylike and having two different dinners in one night isn't. I don't think. Is it? What do I know?

Ok friends - soak in those summer evenings - there aren't many left.

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

the Provident Woman said...

Looking at that pasta made me really hungry.