Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Breathe.


Do you ever just catch yourself trying to catch your breath? And then just as you take that breath, you realize it's all ok - it's all good - it's all just the way I like it. I had one of those moments the other day.

Life has been very busy lately. With our unexpected trip to Ontario, it really made life change - in so many more ways than I would have imagined. Among the chaos of life, I get about an hour break everyday to walk the pups, get fresh air, time for me, time to think and put things into perspective.

The other day when I was rounding a bend and thinking about how happy that I was that I had made a feast of Veggie Shepherds Pie on Sunday, enough for a couple of dinners, so that I wouldn't have to make dinner that night. And then I was thinking of how lucky I think that Chris is that he doesn't have to worry about making dinner each night and how he doesn't have to worry about walking the dogs every day. And then I thought, why would I even think that, this is my life, our life, the life that I chose. And I love it.

With Chris' mom passing - it reminds me of hour precious life is, how you really need to make the most of it, and how you have to be happy. I think that there are always going to be things that I want to change - I guess it should be that way, right? I will try and realize when I have those moments - that they are opportunities - opportunities for making a change.

So, that is my thought for today. I need to keep catching my breath over the next couple of weeks so that I don't turn into Bridezilla. I need to remember how wonderful life is - and how blessed I am.

Ok - enough of that kind of talk for now. Enough already!

When we were in Ontario, I tried to help out as much as I could with what comes naturally to me - cooking. I introduced my bro-in-law to goat cheese - and after a few beverages and 2 nights of it - he said that he liked it. I'm not really sure if he was telling me the truth or if he was being polite.

On the last night that we were there - we made a big feast at Chris' dad's house. His sister, Kim, made ribs and fried rice - she will be a guest chef soon.

We found a huge pack of figs at Costco (I was surprised to see them there) and made these.

Simplest appetizer ever.

Figs cut in half, a crumble of goat cheese and a sprinkle of cracked black pepper. Put in a 350 oven for 12 minutes.

Alright, that's it for me for tonight. Be good to yourself.

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

rashmi said...

Hi my very smart friend with a blog...I just discovered it last nite...n I'm already hooked! I'll be reading n following your recipes!! I am so proud of u, the skies the limit for u my dear friend!! See u on your blog tomorrow:):)