Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Don't tell my brother.


If I lived on an apple orchard - I would do things like - make apple pies all the time. I would walk around carrying a basket and picking apples. I would probably wear an apron and even put the apples in my apron pockets. Some days I would make applesauce. Other days I would peel apples while watching 'Ellen'. And on weekends I would take my apples to the farmer's markets and sell them.

I have decided that I don't want to live on an apple orchard. It seems like a lot of work. I would, however, like to have a couple of apple trees. I know that I would wear my apron to pick them and put the apples in my pockets. I know that, because I do that with my tomatoes. What tomatoes? They sure didn't grow like they were supposed to.

I baked with apples the other night. They were delicious. Please don't tell my brother that they weren't the apples from his tree. Please don't put this on Facebook or Twitter - he will find out. My brother, has apple trees. He has peach trees, cherry trees, nectarine trees, plums, pears. It's a fruit paradise. The fruit is incredible. But please don't tell him that I didn't use them for the dessert I made.

Apple Tart

1 pack of puff pastry - you can buy a pack of two from Tenderflake
1 apples - slice very thin
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 415.

Roll out the puff pastry on a flowered board. Keep it in the shape of a rectangle - to measure about 4x7 or 4x8.

Add the sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon to the apples and give them a gentle toss to ensure that they are all coated. Let them sit for a moment.

Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, or cover the baking sheet with parchment paper. Layer the apples in a row to cover the puff pastry. Leaving about an inch on other side.

Bake in the oven for about 18 minutes. I served our slices with whipped cream that I lightly sweetened with maple syrup.

That's it for me this fine evening. Sending you love.

Loves.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

JessicaJ said...

Oh my god this looks incredible, especially with the whipping cream all over. mmmmmm. I love apples and I love apple orchards! I'm telling your brother ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back on line, and you could make me one of them, remember I am sick!!! Yuk!!!!!
Mom!!!