Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Invites.

Hello friends.

I know that this is supposed to be a cooking blog and all, but since this has been a week that I am calling 'Get y'er damn wedding invitations out', cooking has been put on the back burner - but not literally, b/c I haven't really turned on the stove.

Our chili from the other night lasted us for 3 days. This is a bonus I must say. I enjoy not having to come home and think about what to make for dinner. I can simply open the fridge, add some to a pot, heat and then eat.

Last night, since Jules was coming over to help with the invitations, I paid her labour and efforts, in Chinese Food. Not homemade. It was quite deelish. There is a little spot around the corner from me - Szechwan City. They have neat decor. I prefer to eat at home, instead of staring at the paper lanterns and colourful Christmas lights that should really only be up at Christmas.

I do promise to cook again soon. I promise. How about in the meantime, who knows when I will cook again, tell me what you are cooking. I would love to hear from you. I need some inspiration. Chris needs to know that I will cook again - so would appreciate the ideas too.

Alrighty then... time to hit the hay. Whattup Hay!!

Loves.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just take one day at a time Hon, and remember"Don't sweat the small stuff"

Steph said...

I recently made a version of a salad that Heidi Fink made at the dinner party I helped her with. Her's was a west coast nicoise salad with white spring salmon instead of tuna. I made mine with fresh qualicum bay scallops last night and have some black cod to go with it for lunch today.
Essentially, you add nicoise-like ingredients to your salad greens, whatever is fresh and in season. I used baby candycane beets, steamed and then peeled once cooled, baby tricolour potatoes, fresh heirloom tomatoes, boiled egg, and the scallops/fish. A homemade dressing with olive oil, lime juice and zest, dijon, agave syrup, s&p etc. It was pretty good but I was in a bit of a rush. :(
Heidi's was better..... by a lot.

Hope that helps inspire you!