Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Countdown begins!

Let the countdown begin.

30 days today!

30 DAYS!

In 30 days I will be married to my favourite guy, my bf, the love of my life. I still can't believe that 9 and a 1/2 months have went by so quickly.

I am going to warn you now - for the next 30 days at least, there will be a lot of wedding talk. I hope that it won't be boring, I hope that it won't make you curse me, I hope that you can bear with me.

If you can't, then please check back in, after 30 days. No, please don't. Please don't go, I will miss you.

Oh man - I am excited. I will tell Chris to snap me out of the wedding craze if it gets too much.

In celebration of 9 1/2 months going by so quickly, I made the quickest dinner tonight - well almost - toasted cheese sandwiches are probably the fastest. I picked up the ingredients on my way home from college. I am a Wednesday night college student. Sniff.

Quickest pasta ever

1 tbsp of olive oil
1 pack of fresh pasta
8 oz of grape tomatoes
1 chorizo sausage - sliced in half lengthwise - and then thin strips
2 cloves of garlic - minced
Fresh parmesan cheese

Bring water to boil and boil the pasta for 4 minutes. While you are waiting for the water to boil, chop the chorizo sausage and mince the garlic. In a large skillet add the olive oil and saute the sausage, garlic and tomatoes together. Add a pinch of kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Remove the pasta from the heat, and with a slotted spoon, add the pasta to the sausage and tomatoes. Stir it all together and then add the parmesan cheese - as much or as little as you like.

I used chorizo for this because I wanted some meat for the pasta - but I didn't want to have to cook any. It's a great alternative when you are in a hurry.

And that's it. Short and sweet.

Loves.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you find the time, you are so busy,those buns look delicious, wish I had come to dinner,I have no kids but am tempted to come for a bag.

Anonymous said...

me neither, but I like krabby patties!!!

Cheryl said...

Uh, Anonymous 1 - I am your 'kid'. thanks :)

Anonymous 2 - I will bring you another tomorrow.

Cara said...

these recipes look amazing, I can't wait to try some. i always love to experiment with recipes since I am a vegan it can be tricky sometimes!

Cheryl said...

Thanks Cara. I really need to focus on some more vegan/vegetarian recipes. I have a great mushroom gravy that I shared with a friend of mine that is a vegan.
C.