Friday, October 15, 2010

Funk.



I'm in one.

We just got home from Maude Hunter's Pub. We went there with some of Chris' work friends. I had a taco salad and was disappointed.

Magnum and Jozie got groomed yesterday. Magnum won't stop bathing Jozie. It's gross.

I am addicted to checking the mail everyday for wedding RSVP's.

We go tomorrow to pick up our wedding bands.

My mom's outfit for the wedding arrived - missing the jacket. The jacket is going to be made instead - so we can breathe.

Chris is on holidays for a week.

I am jealous of Chris being on holidays for a week.

I hope that Chris makes dinner every night next week.

If he doesn't make dinner every night, I will cry myself silly.

I have never cried myself silly.

Last night, Chris picked up something for dinner. It was just meat though. He would be happy just having meat for dinner. Myself, not so much. I don't want to get scurvy; it's just the way that I roll. So, I had to make a very quick and easy side dish. And that is just what I did. No scurvy in this howwwwse.

Brie and Roasted Tomato Pasta

200 g of macaroni - @ 1/2 a box of pasta - I used whole wheat, it's our fave
2 cups of roasted tomatoes
1/2 cup of brie cheese - chopped into small cubes
8 basil leaves - chopped
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup cream or milk
Kosher salt and pepper

Boil pasta until el dente. Drain and let sit. In the same pot (easy dinners shouldn't use a lot of dishes - hoorah!!!), toss in the tomatoes, the brie and the basil - simmer over medium heat. Add the parmesan and the cream, a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Stir until the cheese starts to melt. Add the pasta, give it a couple more stirs, and serve it up.

This was a delicious and easy pasta. It was quick to make, used only 6 ingredients, and took no time. If you don't have roasted tomatoes, used canned, and just drain them so that it is not too runny.

Well friends - I am going to make a piece of toast. I hope that it gets me out of the funk. I don't even feel like any chocolate right now.

Great weekend to all.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: