Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween prep.



Halloween is just around the corner. So is my wedding - but let's focus on one thing at a time.
Breathe!
Sorry, I just had to breathe because my wedding is right around the corner. Gulp. Breathe.
Ok, I'm good to go.

I picked up some cute little Halloween goody bags for the kids at Kung Fu. I try to put a little treat for them together at Halloween and I know that they love them.

In each bag I added everything Halloween - pencils, whistles, rings, note pads, finger puppets, erasers and then smarties, Sponge Bob hamburger gum, Hubba Bubba sucker gum, Mike and Ikes and Doritos. I love the Halloween candy. I like to give out the little chocolate bars, mostly b/c if they don't all get given out I can have a couple - but I like to find the different things that aren't at every house. So if you have kids, bring them to my house, and I will spoil them.

I whipped up the easiest batch of buns the other night to go with the Seafood Chowder that I made on Sunday. I had made them before years ago and got the idea from one of our friends that Chris used to work with. I only made them once, and I don't remember the recipe, so I had to wing it. And hello wings, they turned out deelish. I am warning you - that this is one of the easiest recipes ever.

Rosemary Garlic Buns

1 pack of frozen unbaked rolls - freezer section - Easy part begins here
2 tbsp of butter
3 cloves of garlic - minced
1-2 tbsp of fresh rosemary - chopped

Lightly grease a baking dish with either cooking spray or olive oil. Place the frozen buns in the dish - I like to place mine in a row - so one is placed, and then the next one is placed half way down from the one before (they are connected) and then then next one is underneath the first one and half way from the second one. Oh my - that sounds confusing.

Let them sit on the counter for an hour or two.

Pre-heat the oven to 350.

Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the garlic and the rosemary and ensure that it is all stirred together. With a spoon, drizzle the melted butter mixture over top of each roll. Warning you may become sidetracked by the incredible and delicious smell. Stay focused.

Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.

Chris rated them a 5!

These are so light and fluffy and the bottom goes golden brown and soaks in all of the rosemary garlic goodness. I am definitely going to make these again. I am especially going to make them when Chris' dad is here. He will appreciate them as much as his son, I think.

Loves.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you lived closer... my kids would love to visit your house!! Shari

Cheryl said...

I wish that I did too. I had very many incredible Halloween's up there. I saw your kid's pics on FB - and they are adorable.
C.