Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween.

I love Halloween. I don't love dressing up and going to parties... - I do like that part of it, but it's not my favourite. What I do love is decorating the house, carving pumpkins, picking out the best treats, and hearing the trick or treaters on our street going from house to house. I get so excited for the first few kids to come to our house. It's all so fun.

To top it off we are watching 'The Walking Dead' which is really festive for this holiday. I normally don't like this type of show - but it's actually quite good. The pups are curled up to me - one trying to get on my lap and the other one trying to be like a parrot on my shoulder - they are normally like this - but when there are fireworks outside, they go extreme.

I have had a busy couple of days, lots going on, but it's a late night and I will just talk about what I have been cooking.

Yesterday I made a huge pot of chili. I am a big fan of chili for a couple of reasons. 1. It's hearty and healthy. 2. It's super easy and doesn't take up a lot of time. And 3. It's great for making a lot of at once. And one last thing... you can make it so many different ways - vegetarian, vegan, chicken, ground beef, ground turkey...

I have posted my chili recipe before - you can check it out HERE.

I hope you have all had a great weekend. A spooktakular Halloween - and are ready to start the week all over...

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Hallowe'en to you too!