Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sometimes...



Sometimes I wish that I could sleep in past 8 AM.

Sometimes I wish that I lived on a farm.

Sometimes I wish that I didn't have to take long plane rides to have a tropical holiday.

Sometimes I would like to have a little cafe where I serve homemade soups and sandwiches and my dogs are allowed to run around and greet the customers.

Sometimes it hurts when I cry (don't worry it doesn't really, unless I have fallen and hurt myself and I am crying because I am hurt - I think that the line is from a song).

Sometimes I wish that I would remember what song.

Sometimes I really need to practice patience.

Sometimes I wish that I could practice guitar - but I don't have a guitar - so I practice my tambourine.

Sometimes I think that I should take my tambourine out of my chest and practice it.

Sometimes I am lying about practicing my tambourine.

Sometimes I wish that Chris and I had more than a half a day off together.

Sometimes I wish that I had a personal hairdresser.

Sometimes I pretend that I am eating chocolate when it's really celery.

Sometimes...

What is the opposite of 'sometimes'? 'Always'? What if I went back and changed all of the 'sometimes' to 'always'? I just re-read them and it works. It's true. Please do this as well. Write down things that you would like 'sometimes' and then change it to 'always'. Do it. Pretend that I am your school teacher giving homework. I may be a bossy teacher. Anyways - try it. It's kind of influential. Tell me what your favourite one was.

Now, if you remember, I told a very embarrassing story of how I made a cheesecake and used light cream cheese instead of the regular. Please don't tell anyone. It's very awkward. In all honesty, it was still really deelish. It was just a little softer than it should have been.

I made the cheesecake and wanted to serve it with something 'pumpkiny'. I wasn't quite sure what that was going to be, but I had some whipping cream, a can of pumpkin puree, some maple syrup, and some pumpkin pie seasonings. What I managed to whip up turned out really tasty, light, and something that was festive for this Thanksgiving holiday.

Pumpkin Moose

I am calling it 'moose' instead of 'mousse' b/c of two things: 1. It is not a traditional mousse, but it is kind of like a mousse; 2. It's how I roll.

2 cups of whipping cream
1 cup of pumpkin puree
2 tbsp of maple syrup
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
2 tbsp of brown sugar (you can omit this, but I felt that the pumpkin needed the bit of extra sweetness)

In a large glass bowl, whip the whipping cream on high speed adding the maple syrup. Beat until soft peaks develop. Do not stick your finger in the bowl to taste - no matter how much you are tempted.

Next, add the pumkin puree, the cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Continue to whip until it is all creamed together.

Taste it, see if it needs any extra spice, if not - serve it up.

Well friends, sometimes when Chris comes home I like to spend lots of time with him. :)

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jessica J said...

I love this post Cher. You really are a great writer. I look forward to reading these every single day.

Sometimes I wish I could wake up to you as my personal chef

Sometimes I wish you would marry me instead of Chris for the above reason.

Sometimes I wish I could stop living the dream.

Much love.