Sunday, October 17, 2010

West coast.

Sometimes I think about us selling it all and packing up and taking a cross country road trip and when we hit the other side of the country - buying a little house on the cliffs over looking the Atlantic ocean. Waking up every morning and just sitting looking out over the waves, sipping tea, and wearing nice warm turtleneck sweaters.

Other times I think about going back to school to be a nurse. I always wanted to be a nurse when I was a child - and then I got to the age of 13 and realized that the sight of blood and seeing people in horrific states, really upset me. It was then that I knew that probably being a nurse wasn't for me. I think that if I had the chance to do it over, that I would have made it through and became a good nurse.

And then, I sit back and realize that I have a pretty good 'thing' going on here. I live on the Pacific Ocean and can be at a couple of different beaches within 5 minutes. I can wear a turtleneck sweater and pick up a nice Starbucks on the way and sit on a bench and watch the waves. As for being a nurse, I am ok with not making that my career. I know that if I really wanted to, I could still do it, I just know that it isn't for me.

So, sometimes I like to sit back and just look at my life. I like to watch Chris, and think about what we have been through to get to where we are now. I feel so blessed to have a partner in my life that I love and loves me. I am proud of us for creating a comfortable and safe home. We have good friends - who mean so much to us.

Life is good. And today, Chris is on his first day of holidays, and we laid in bed late watching Coronation Street. We then took the pups for a walk. And then we just hung out. It was such a lazy day. I did a bunch of cooking, and then we 'retired' to Suite B and watch the Canucks kick butt.

Alright - enough of my lovefest.

Today I made something that can be found in the deli of Save On Foods - Stuffing Rolls. They are probably about 1000 calories per roll, and they are like heaven in your mouth. I haven't had one in a very long time. They are one of those treats that I know I shouldn't have, so I try not to. If only I did that with chocolate.

I had a bunch of stuffing left over from Thanksgiving. I sealed it up and stuck it in the freezer - so I knew that I had to do something with it. I like to think that since these are baked, and the stuffing is all natural, that these aren't as bad.

Stuffing Rolls Sims Style

1 pack of puff pastry - thawed
4 cups of stuffing
1 egg

I had enough stuffing to use both squares of puff pastry in the box.

Pre-heat the oven to 350.

Roll out one square of the puff pastry on a floured space. Roll out the puff pastry to form a rectangle. The pastry should be thin. Once it is rolled out, cut the rectangle into 20 squares - 4 down, 5 across.

With each square place 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp of stuffing in the middle of each square. Fold the sides together, and fold over the edges so that it can be sealed. Place them on a baking sheet that has been covered with aluminum foil and lightly sprayed with cooking oil.

Whisk an egg, and then brush each stuffing roll lightly with the egg.

Bake for 22 minutes. They should be golden and crispy.

Serve with a dollop of cranberry sauce if you fancy.

Alright friends - heading to the hay.

Loves.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Pilar said...

Soooo gooooood! *very high pitch voice* :)

Anonymous said...

I had two of your stuffing rolls sims style and they are to die for, I think I will make some stuffing just so that I can make them. I could have eaten more, but I was a lady.(actually there were only 2 left and I didn't want to look like a pig)